• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Micklethwait Market & Grocery

Rockinar

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I wanted to try the Micklethwait trailer in downtown Austin, but never got around to it. Lucky for me Tom opened a restaurant in Smithville, TX.

Micklethwait Market and Grocery. Really cool old restored building that was a former car repair shop with hints of that around the building (you can see an old chemical storage cabinet on the wall in the outdoor seating area pic). It has a gift shop on one end of the building. The center of the building is a large open eating area full of bench tables. Then there's sort of an odd wall that walls off the serving area on the other side that also has a couple more benches. So the entire restaurant has 3 sections. Serving/eating/gift shop. I'm guessing the "odd" wall is for structural reasons. I'm not sure. Off to the side of the serving line is the pit room which you can see into as you wait in line and get closer to the counter. Pit room has two 1,000 gallon pits and a open pit is being built. Outside on the side of the building by the pit room theres some outdoor seating.

Great building and great BBQ.

Serving area
15wniid.jpg

Open pit
m7waq.jpg

Pits
23vhz6p.jpg

Dining area
2yy5xqf.jpg

Gift shop
28kr59j.jpg

Outdoor seating