MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
MilwaukeeBBQ
Found some matches.

Default Advertising/Trademark?

I've been fine tuning a smoked pork recipe and one of the ingredients is a beer from a local brewery. If I sell these sandwiches at a farmers market, can I label what kind of beer was used on the ingredients list?

For example:
Smoked Pork Sandwiches Made W/ (local brewery) Beer!

Thanks and cheers from Wisconsin.
MilwaukeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
Reignman
On the road to being a farker

Not sure what your rules are in your area but from what I know, its ok to use their name in your product as long as you get permission first. I don't see why they'd say "no" because in reality you are promoting them...could be a good partnership. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #3
powerpig
Full Fledged Farker

We vend at several craft breweries and use their beer in our mustard. We only use the mustard at their respective property and don't offer it for sale. Believe me, people beg us to sell it to them.

That said, this could get complicated. You have to have permission to use their name. They may request a hold harmless clause. In case someone gets sick from the food, they don't want it coming back on them.

Speaking of that, they may decline for just that reason, if someone does get sick, word will get out and even though they are held harmless, it could ruin them and of course you.

Most lawyers would advise them not to enter into the agreement for the reasons mentioned above.

We were steaming our sausages in the breweries beer and quit doing it because of those reasons. Just to much could go wrong. We do continue with the mustard because there is very little chance it would make someone sick.

Unless the brewery you speak of has a large following, I would just list that the recipe contains beer without mentioning the name.

I'm not an expert and these are just my opinions.
powerpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->