memphis in may bbq fest

A

Austin

memphis in may bbq fest this weekend,,,250 teams,,gonna be a blast,,and I have passes for 6 teams,,,gonna have bbq running out of my ears

Congrats! Have fun!
Pack a rain jacket :D

Can you sneak me in?
Have a great time. Don't eat till you get there

Lotsa good times there. I went in '01. Be careful out there & we expect a full report next week. :D

update

Man o man what a party,,,,,had passes for 6 teams,,free beer and bbq,,some good some not so good,,had teams from as far away as guam and ireland,,,,got alot of advice,,picked up some pointers,meet lots of nice people,,,seen some nice pits some maybe cost 5 bucks some probally more than my truck,,,wish you all could of been there,,weather was even nice

Austin, what teams did you visit.

I was there also with a team called The Other Side. I've been real busy since I got back but if there is interest I will try to write a review and maybe post some pictures.

jamelvin said:

I was there also with a team called The Other Side. I've been real busy since I got back but if there is interest I will try to write a review and maybe post some pictures.

Yes, please.

jamelvin said:

I would love to see some pictures. Thanks!

I took several pictures of competitors sites. I will try to get them posted in the next week. I just boat a brand new boat and it is taking a lot of time to get it set up how we like it, not to mention enjoying it.

Post review, pictures of boat, and pictures of BBQ please. I am also curious what tips you picked up. Us guys on the lower end of the learning curve can always use some good pointers.

Stupid question. How do you create a new folder and upload photos? I went into the photo section but could never figure out how to do this.

MIM 2005 was a blast, I just wish we would have done better. We got 24th in shoulders which was a disappointment. We didn't get around the competition very much, mainly stayed around our spot. I didn't have my camera Thursday or Friday nights which are the big party nights. I wasn't a cook just a groupie so I don't have any tips to share. There were a lot of elaborate set ups. Some double and triple deck set ups. I didn't get in to check out any grills or bbq at other sites. I'll try to add more later.

Back