MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #16
kenrobin
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Backyard Smokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer View Post
So I'm looking at buying the Fireboard Extreme but I have a few questions for the owners out there.

1. How happy are you with the performance and reliability?
2. Do you have the case and if so, is it worth getting?
3. Do the probes come apart in order to go through a probe port?
4. Does the system work with Android phones?

If there is any thing else you can tell me that might be helpful in my decision please let me know.

Thanks all
1) I love my Fireboard. Its the best thermometer system that I've purchased. It can also be used with a Guru fan (with the Drive accessory). The company also stands behind their product & they are very responsive to any questions/issues that you may have.

2) I highly recommend the case. I accidentally left mine outside and it got drenched by sprinklers which left it inoperable. Fireboard sold me a replacement without the probes for $157. It was an expensive lesson but well worth it to get a replacement unit.

3) No

4) I'm not an android user.... I believe they work with them but I'm not 100% certain.
kenrobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-16-2018, 06:20 AM   #17
LordRiffenstein
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

I know you already decided to get one but allow me to add some more praise to this thread. Got mine a little over a year ago and have done plenty of cooks with it and never had any issues. I don't have a case for it but haven't had any problems with it.

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #18
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

Purchased one today. I went ahead and got the case and a 4 pack of the probe organizers.
Weber Performer, Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, East Texas Smoker RK250, Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #19
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
here is what case I went with .

Hi How does the Fireboard work on your Shirley? What did you use as an adapter?
Thanks DanB

Old 10-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #20
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Junkie View Post
Love mine. I received it for Father's Day and I have cooked ribs, a pork butt, and a couple of chickens. I really enjoy the multiple probe options, and I feel that it keeps very accurate and timely info. I was also able to monitor my pit temps while out running a few last minute errands. Never really thought I would care about that feature, but it turns out that it was very handy. Did not opt for the case, as I don't need the magnetic options and I thought the case was fairly expensive. I did opt for the probe storage stacks. Love those. I would be interested to hear feed back from any long term owners. As far as the short term, I would highly recommend one. Easy to set up and very easy to use.
Hi Do you have to be in a place that has FIfi for the FireBoard app on a Android phone to work?
phone?
Thanks DanB

Old 10-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #21
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Hi How does the Fireboard work on your Shirley? What did you use as an adapter?
Thanks DanB

adapter ? I do not have a fan if that is what your meaning .

Luke's Firepits / Grill

Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #22
Wager
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Hi Do you have to be in a place that has FIfi for the FireBoard app on a Android phone to work?
phone?
Thanks DanB
No you can connect through blue tooth
Wager is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #23
ChrisL
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Chris

I have one and I love it but the physical case is pretty cheaply made. I wish it was made water resistant and either had a metal enclosure or came with a rubber boot.

The sell an aftermarket case which costs 1/3rd the price of the actual unit which is a little much in my opinion.

I do not use it with the fan drive, I only use it for temperature monitoring. The web and mobile apps are rock solid and always log data which is more than I can say than my Inkbird that it replaced.

Chris

Old 10-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #24
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
adapter ? I do not have a fan if that is what your meaning .
Hi Ok got it. Do you think it will work with a fan on A Shirley? I have one of smallest ones that they make a patio 24x36. Just curious held pit temps in WSM very good.
Thanks DanB

Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
FrankZ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
I have one and I love it but the physical case is pretty cheaply made. I wish it was made water resistant and either had a metal enclosure or came with a rubber boot.

The sell an aftermarket case which costs 1/3rd the price of the actual unit which is a little much in my opinion.

I do not use it with the fan drive, I only use it for temperature monitoring. The web and mobile apps are rock solid and always log data which is more than I can say than my Inkbird that it replaced.

Chris
I use a zip lock slider bag if I am expecting rain. Let the probe wires create a drip loop.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #26
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Hi I think I got it working good now.It/Fireboard finally accepted my router password and connected. Stil testing it out, it did loose connection and I had to reenter my router password which is a MPIA!!
I took Fireboard out to lunch with me and the temps kept on showing. Hope it keeps working.
Thanks Dan

Old 10-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I love mine and have had Stoker, BBQ Guru CyberQ etc.
I love how quick and easy it is to set up for temp monitoring, no power supply needed.

I am going to add the fan control and my cyberQ will end up being my backup.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #28
Montana Jack
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Jack

Been great, had 6 months, no problems. The competition probe (extra charge) is a nice addition it is about 1.5 inches and also added a 2nd ambient temp probe for lower shelf. Also added different color tape to each plug as I don't pull them out after each cook and can readily identify which is which.
Montana Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #29
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Jack View Post
Been great, had 6 months, no problems. The competition probe (extra charge) is a nice addition it is about 1.5 inches and also added a 2nd ambient temp probe for lower shelf. Also added different color tape to each plug as I don't pull them out after each cook and can readily identify which is which.
Hi Different color tape is a good idea. I will do the same.
Thanks DanB

Old 10-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #30
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Hi I think I got it working good now.It/Fireboard finally accepted my router password and connected. Stil testing it out, it did loose connection and I had to reenter my router password which is a MPIA!!
I took Fireboard out to lunch with me and the temps kept on showing. Hope it keeps working.
Thanks Dan
Hi All I've been testing the Wifi connection for 2 days now, working good. I didn't have to reenter my router password. Doing another test today I hope In didn't jinks it
DanB