MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #121
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Okay beyatchees.............I'm throwing this Pron Star of a Burger into the fight..............Let's git it ON!!!!!
Here it is with it's buns SPREAD WIDE OPEN................
Moderator Chris, use this Spread Eagle Pic for the TD!!! Gracias.

Here it is with it's buns clenched tight.......trying to hold all that hot meat in.........

Here I am tearing it a new arsehole........

Yeah, you know you want it.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Last edited by BobBrisket; 04-16-2010 at 01:07 AM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #122
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill
Default ONE POUND GREAT AUSSIE BURGER with the LOT

G'Day Bruces'

Yes that's right... It's always bigger and better in America... but were not far behind here in the great land of Oz. In the case of Burgers, a true Ozzie burger has got to have 3 additional things: Egg, Pineapple, and Beetroot. This is what we call a Hamburger "with the lot" You can get this from any fish and chip shop in Australia... er... another thing that you don't have over there. Anyways!.... Here we go, I just HAD to enter this throwdown, not to win it, but to show that we do burgers well!

Firstly, I made my own patties using beef mince, chopped onion, and a fairly large selection of spices.

Here's the patties..... MINE'S THE BIG ONE!

I cooked up a few of the little ones on the firebox of the COS to give them a bit of colour... I cooked mine later, because I was on a liquid diet at that stage...

Then I put them on the slow side to cook through...

The family ate theirs... and then I got serious...

Here's the POUNDER!

Some HOME SMOKED BACON and ONIONS, and I cooked the egg here too, but no pick of the egg...

And here's the money shot... please use this stack photo as the entry!

And here it is cut up... got it was BIG, I could barely eat it all!

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #123
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Nice entries! Those are some farking good looking burgers bob and aussie! I'd hit them both so hard! Bob your graphic description of that burger is great. You sound like a pron writer.

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #124
deguerre

This Just In...Bill's burger has been sighted in Tokyo destroying several tall buildings and wreaking general havoc.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #125
bigabyte

Bob, if your graphic close-up spread-eagle hot-meat pron shot makes it into the calendar, I think we will have to make that page a centerfold that folds out!

Bill...DAYUM!!! Now there's a farking burger! I heard about all the poor farkers in Tokyo on FOXNews this morning.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #126
SmokinAussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Bob, if your graphic close-up spread-eagle hot-meat pron shot makes it into the calendar, I think we will have to make that page a centerfold that folds out!

Bill...DAYUM!!! Now there's a farking burger! I heard about all the poor farkers in Tokyo on FOXNews this morning.
Man it was so big, I got to the last bite and I had to control not throwing up. It was a hell of a battle, but I was Victorious! After that.. BLACKOUT!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #127
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Man it was so big, I got to the last bite and I had to control not throwing up. It was a hell of a battle, but I was Victorious! After that.. BLACKOUT!!
I'm assuming Chivas helped.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #128
landarc

Can a burger have wienies on it and still be a burger?

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #129
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
G'Day Bruces'

Yes that's right... It's always bigger and better in America... but were not far behind here in the great land of Oz. In the case of Burgers, a true Ozzie burger has got to have 3 additional things: Egg, Pineapple, and Beetroot. This is what we call a Hamburger "with the lot" You can get this from any fish and chip shop in Australia... er... another thing that you don't have over there. Anyways!.... Here we go, I just HAD to enter this throwdown, not to win it, but to show that we do burgers well!

Firstly, I made my own patties using beef mince, chopped onion, and a fairly large selection of spices.

Here's the patties..... MINE'S THE BIG ONE!

I cooked up a few of the little ones on the firebox of the COS to give them a bit of colour... I cooked mine later, because I was on a liquid diet at that stage...

Then I put them on the slow side to cook through...

The family ate theirs... and then I got serious...

Here's the POUNDER!

Some HOME SMOKED BACON and ONIONS, and I cooked the egg here too, but no pick of the egg...

And here's the money shot... please use this stack photo as the entry!

And here it is cut up... got it was BIG, I could barely eat it all!

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill
Hi Bill, If you look at my jucy's you can see ours is 2 x 1 pound burgers, I couldn't even finished mine and my mom & nephew ate the rest of mine. LOL! Yeah ground up meat I normally don't like......
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #130
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Default Fire-roasted rotisserie California burgers anyone?

As the current front runner in last/this week’s Beef Rib Throwdown, I figured I better flip a burger in the ring for this round, too. The Burger category has clearly prompted more pros to dust off their winterized grills and re-don their aprons to join in this battle. The quality of entries is intimidating!

I will say these throwdowns are fun. You guys crack me up. The earlier Godzillaburger references seem very apropos. I would not want to run into many of the competitors’ burgers in a dark alley. I am in California for the moment where the earthquake risk is too high, so you will see that rather than building upwards, I went outwards. My burger shape coincides with the peppers and flat breads I selected.

A pool backdrop seemed like a nice pairing for burgers. With the competition coming in so fast and furious this time, I figure the only way I could have a chance was by breaking out my secret burger weapon!

I tried to stay true to California cuisine, so there is plenty of cilantro and avocado. The burger meat is mixed with fresh cilantro, onions, garlic powder, Worcestershire, and a few other spices. The burger layers in order are: garlic herb flatbread, bed of arugula, burger, thick-sliced bacon, Monterrey Jack cheese, thick-sliced cheddar bars, pasilla pepper, mix of sweet and red onions, chipotle salsa, and flatbread. The avocado and tomatoes are to be added at your leisure. The corn, fresh green beans and mushrooms are just sides.

My one significant digression was that I just had to go with hickory wood for this one. I had some eucalyptus and avocado wood available which would have been more “Californian”, but my mouth watered too much every time I thought about hickory roasted rotisserie burgers.

OK, my beer pairing with this burger is actually not of California origin either, but this, too, was worth making an exception for. With its coffee and chocolaty flavors, the 1554 from New Belgium Brewing Company is an amazing beer with burgers (and anything else for that matter). Unfortunately I was too busy drinking mine to remember to include it in the entry photo! BTW, thanks guys for all the votes in the Beef Rib Throwdown...I already feel like my non-beer consumption that day was worth it!

Anyway, here’s my entry for this week:
Old 04-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #131
deguerre

Woah. Pretty. Me likey. Where's the drool smiley?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #132
bigabyte

WHOA!

I have a burger inferiority complex now.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #133
SmokinAussie

Woo Hoo... We have a burger genious on our hands! NICE stuff Jonny. I think you're going for 2 wins in a row!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #134
landarc

Wow, that voting thread is gonna be two pages long and not a weak on in the bunch. There could be a calender here alone. 12 months of insanely great looking burgers.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #135
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Wow, that voting thread is gonna be two pages long and not a weak on in the bunch. There could be a calender here alone. 12 months of insanely great looking burgers.
Where's your entry?

I like to see you enter LandArc!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burger, Burger Throwdown, BURGERS ONLY PLEASE!, Chicken Sammich Burger, Chicken Toadstool Burger, Cooking with the Master, gasser, Great Chicken Debacle, Great Chicken Sammich, Great Debacle, Great Debacle 2010, Great Sammich Debacle, Lee Greenwood, Rantburger, Shiner 101, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread, Weenie Burger