Nipples for UDS

dataz722

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to homedepot to get everything to do the build and all they had were tapered nipples (hahahaha, im immature and that sounds funny :D). Do you guys use these? Or where do you get ones that aren't?

As far as I know, that is all you will find in the plumbing dept. I may be wrong though. Looking forward to other's input.

That is what i used, worked fine. I used conduit nuts on each side of the nipple. The taper helped get a nice tight fit.

I knew all the ones in the plumbing section would be tapered. Just didn't know if people got ones that were intended for a different use. I didn't think the donduit nut would be able to go over the wider end of the taper.

What length are you guy using?

You can go to a HVAC contractor and have them cut threads on a some sections of 1" pipe for you.

If you ask the sales person for some straight nipples they can "point" you in the right direction.

If you ask the sales person for some straight nipples they can "point" you in the right direction.

That is, provided the salesperson is straight. But do NOT get the nipples with the rings through them. They have a kink to them. And if you don't believe me, ask Norcoredneck! :-o

Can we split this thread into sub-threads for the different kinds of nipples?

Back