MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
jimewer
Found some matches.

Default Royal Oak Smoker

Afternoon all, I was wondering if I can maybe get some help or advice. I recently bought a Royal Oak Smoker Grill. The one pictured below. I knew I would have to do some mods but for 120 bucks at Lowes I couldnt pass it up. Well I seem to have waited too long to buy the smoker box because Lowes no longer carries the smoker or the smoker box. I cant seem to find a website for Royal Oak or anyone on the web who carries either this smoker or smoker box. Before I either return it and start from scratch in my purchase I figured I'd check with the Bretheren. Any advice is welcome. Just please dont tell me to get rid of it and buy a huge rig. I'm in enough debt as it is and need something under 400$. Thanks all
~Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 016800940316lg.jpg (8.5 KB, 284 views)
jimewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
cireksu
Knows what a fatty is.

I bought the same one in KC.

Found the box at a store in Dallas. they shipped it from store to store so I could buy it. Easy to assemble, great smoker.
cireksu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
cireksu
Knows what a fatty is.

You'll have to do some searching around. I'd start in Dallas and have them inter store ship it.

They will say they can't bc they don't want to pay the freight but it was like 15 bucks.

edit, freight might be more to NY but it's worth a shot.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
smooookin
is One Chatty Farker

results from google, maybe it can be shipped to a local store.
http://www.krillion.com/xNPCSZ-Royal-230~941~433-Bellmore-NY-11710

Also, you might shot an email to this guy. Doesnt look like he sold it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Bones
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimewer View Post
Afternoon all, I was wondering if I can maybe get some help or advice. I recently bought a Royal Oak Smoker Grill. The one pictured below. I knew I would have to do some mods but for 120 bucks at Lowes I couldnt pass it up. Well I seem to have waited too long to buy the smoker box because Lowes no longer carries the smoker or the smoker box. I cant seem to find a website for Royal Oak or anyone on the web who carries either this smoker or smoker box. Before I either return it and start from scratch in my purchase I figured I'd check with the Bretheren. Any advice is welcome. Just please dont tell me to get rid of it and buy a huge rig. I'm in enough debt as it is and need something under 400$. Thanks all
~Jim
RO has discontinued this model. If you bought it at regular price with the fire box it cost over $400. I have one. RO does not have a web site but they are building one.
Try entering different zip codes on the Lowes web site until you get a hit for the fire box. The size is 20" so some of the other brands may not fit but worth a try if you can not find an original.

FYI, the only mod I made to mine was add a fire basket and a second cooking grate. The heat is pretty evenin the middle part of the cooking chamber.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
jimewer
Found some matches.

Wow You guys are awesome! Thank you all so much for the input and ideas. Its nice to see there are cool people out there still and not just a bunch of guys callin me a newbie or something. Thanks all and happy smoking.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
douglaslizard
Full Fledged Farker

and if you dont find the firebox and you want to return it i would go with the chargriller sfb and do the mods ...well under 400 dollars and you could use the extra for lump,wood chunks and meat.
22.5" Weber OTS
bbq pro offset smoker
bbq grillware stainless charcoal grill
2 ecbs
120 Gallon stickburner
GO GATORS
douglaslizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
cireksu
Knows what a fatty is.

let us know what happens.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #9
jimewer
Found some matches.

Well, the ebay guy never got back to me and neither did lowes, So back to lowes it goes. Been looking at a CharGriller Outlaw. Need a large cooking area and that sucker hass 1000 square inch total. and for the price it looks like a gem. Thanks again all! Happy Q'n

Old 03-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
sdb25
is one Smokin' Farker

The lowes near me still has one lonely add-on offset for that smoker. I bet there are more floating around out there!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
jimewer
Found some matches.

Hey guys- Update. The ebay guy got back to me and its bought and sold. Its on its way to me. Thanks again guys

Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
sdb25
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimewer View Post
Hey guys- Update. The ebay guy got back to me and its bought and sold. Its on its way to me. Thanks again guys
Sweet! I love happy endings. And stories like this.