Hot and fast brisket for me

jeffjenkins1

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked 16 pounds of Canadian bacon for our church breakfast. Figured since it was smoking, may as well cook a brisket for me! Turned the drum up to 300 for hot and fast.

I did a three layer rub, 1st fresh cracked pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Then a layer of Sycamore Hill Farms Southern Seasoning (thanks douglas lizard!) and finally a coating of my own rib rub.

DSC_4460.jpg

Then cooked for 7 hours, came out great! First time my daughter liked brisket. Normally she just likes pork or chicken because beef is too tuff.

Done1.jpg

Done2.jpg

Wholeslice.jpg

Slices.jpg

Jeff

Nice! I can only home mine turn out looking good enough to be on the same table as something like that

Looks good JJ.............................;}-

And I have been known to do one or two like that,and they turned out decent. However I didn't like the bark as much as a slow cooked one(JMHO),:cool: but then I like the sitting around the pit more than most old f--ts do:!: (IJFDLMAO):rolleyes:

And I have been known to do one or two like that,and they turned out decent. However I didn't like the bark as much as a slow cooked one(JMHO),:cool: (IJFDL but then I like the sitting around the pit more than most old f--ts do:!:MAO):rolleyes:

Yep, me too. It allows for more drinkin' time!

Back