• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2YO Butcher Paper Wrapped Sausage

H

Hugh Jorgan

I was deep in the freezer Friday, and I came out with 3 packs of venison sausage. Two were hot and one was mild. I was ecstatic! Then I realized that I didn't have sausage made last year. Just ground and burger patties.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I unwrapped the two hot packs and stood them on end to slice away the freezer burn. Once down to pink meat, I put them in the fridge to thaw. I did the same to the mild pack.

A few hours ago, I fired up the new UDS for seasoning. I put the two hot packs together for a venison spicy fatty. The pound of mild, I mixed well with some chopped onions and a pound of 80/20 ground beef. I was going to do a wrap and make Moinks but my better half said that 4 pounds was enough meat for tonight. :cry: I proceeded to drop a couple of pounds of ground beef in the fridge to thaw. Tuesday, It's bacon wrapped meatloaf and Moinks or else! Too much meat, ha! There is no such condition.

Used oak for smoke.

GEDC0796.jpg

GEDC0797.jpg

GEDC0798.jpg

GEDC0799.jpg

GEDC0801.jpg

The Meatloaf.

GEDC0804.jpg

The fatty.

GEDC0808.jpg

Man that stuff was alright! Nothing in the meatloaf but beef, venison sausage and onion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Hugh that looks great. Bet it would make a good sammie!

It did! Well, the fatty anyway, I'm saving the loaf for lunch tomorrow. I tasted it and it was sweeeeeeeeeet! I was gonna have it for dinner, but I wanted to taste it before I made mashed potatoes. By then it was getting later so I just had a thick fatty sammitch on a bun with a slice of cheddah.

I wish I had taken time to get some pics of the freezer burn being cut away. I only lost about 1/2 pound from all three pounds. Not too shabby. I was still surprised at how good the fatty was. Just as good as if it were put in the freezer last week.

BTW, the meatloaf came off at 160 degrees. The fatty, for whatever reason was 210! I don't know why. I never checked it until I removed the loaf. I guess I need to get more venison for more experiments.

Back