• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st Cook on the Assassin w/ video

mep

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here is a video showing the features and my first cook on the Assassin Smoker that came this week. It did a great job.

I mention using a Looftlighter to start my fire in the video. It is not the best way to start a fire in this cooker. It works great on my BGE but on the Assassin, not so much. So, I will be getting a torch.

I also mention finishing up the slab of St. Louis cut ribs but I don't show them in their finished state. I overcooked them and I wasn't happy about it. My mistake in learning how to use this new smoker.

So, if you have six minutes to spare, check out the video. Thanks

[ame="http://vimeo.com/70713142"]Assassin Smoker 1st cook on Vimeo[/ame]

excellent. video gives a better view than just pictures. looks like a fine cooker

That's a beautiful smoker, mep. You did an outstanding job with the video too!

Here is a video showing the features and my first cook on the Assassin Smoker that came this week. It did a great job.

I mention using a Looftlighter to start my fire in the video. It is not the best way to start a fire in this cooker. It works great on my BGE but on the Assassin, not so much. So, I will be getting a torch.

I also mention finishing up the slab of St. Louis cut ribs but I don't show them in their finished state. I overcooked them and I wasn't happy about it. My mistake in learning how to use this new smoker.

So, if you have six minutes to spare, check out the video. Thanks

Assassin Smoker 1st cook on Vimeo

Mep, looks good and thanks for posting. Even more giddy now for my assassin 28 I pick up in less than two weeks now!

Mep, great vid my man - good job with the new Assassin. I did three slabs of beef back ribs today (not shorts), and they came out simply delicious - really good. Sorry your ribs didn't tickle your fancy . . . .

I too bought a torch to light the Assassin. Its a simple Benzomatic propane torch for brazing that I bought at the Depot - works great.

Great video, very informative. Thanks for sharing! You've also pushed me just a we bit closer to finally purchasing an Assassin.

Great looking smoker... had some folks at bbq festivals tell me it was a great smoker and easy to use... Enjoy!!

Nice job on the video and nice looking smoker. I am curious about the rack spacing. The picture on the Assassin web site looks like the shelves are evenly spaced. Did you have them put in with the different spacing for a reason?

Back