Texas Test Kitchen Pork Butt

AustinKnight

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is a boneless 8# butt I did Friday I started it at 1pm Friday afternoon at 300*to 400 grate temp with the guru on the akorn. Simple s&p was used on this subject no injection, starting off fat side down for 2h then flipped fat side up for 2h, I wrapped with butcher paper after 4h in smoke and returned it to the smoker fat side down. Another 2h 15m in the BP wrap finishing it off at 350* temp and it was probe tender, after 6h 15m it was done sorry there is no temp taken with this test subject. Once it was done I pulled it off the smoker and rested it in a cambro with the door cracked never sealed for 1h 30m or until internal temp is 150*. This is what the end result looked like THx for looking brethren.

2h in smoke I used WG lump good stuff to:thumb:
1-2.jpg

4h ready to wrap and go back on.
2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

After 2h 15m pulling and resting time.
4-2.jpg

After 1h 30m rest in the cambro and still wrapped.
5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8.2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

17-2.jpg

18-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

Wow! I must ask... what store in Texas did you purchase the Hawaiian buns?

At HEB there in the baked bread section not by the regular bread. There new so they will probably pop up in other stores soon if there not already.

Looks awesome. I was excited to see HEB has King Hawaiian rolls now..got some original the other day for a pulled pork I smoked...Legit!

Where can a gentleman acquire this pink butcher paper? I want to try it vs heavyduty foil.

Looks outstanding! I'm cooking some on Sunday and hoping for your kind of result in 7 hours, this is a great confidence builder.

PS: King's Hawaiian routinely available in the SE at Publix. Their bakery also does some fine fresh Cuban 6" sub rolls.

Looks awesome. I was excited to see HEB has King Hawaiian rolls now..got some original the other day for a pulled pork I smoked...Legit!

Where can a gentleman acquire this pink butcher paper? I want to try it vs heavyduty foil.

Hawaiian rolls, respect:cool:

Logo.gif

Head north on I-35 towards E Braker Ln, address is 11101 Bluff Bend Dr. Austin, Tx 78753. You'll see a loading dock an a tented glass door building, walk through that door tell the lady behind the counter you want a roll of pink butcher paper and you don't have a business give her 27 bucks wait for someone to come with it (about 5 min), walk out the office clicking your heels in joy:wink:

Product: OII-BPK18-10 18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"

Head north on I-35 towards E Braker Ln, address is 11101 Bluff Bend Dr. Austin, Tx 78753. You'll see a loading dock an a tented glass door building, walk through that door tell the lady behind the counter you want a roll of pink butcher paper and you don't have a business give her 27 bucks wait for someone to come with it (about 5 min), walk out the office clicking your heels in joy:wink:

Product: OII-BPK18-10 18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"

Sweet. Do I have to slip the cash over the table of the seated Italian guy wearing a jump suit holding the bat...or under:p

Thanks. Will swing by Friday. You making it out to cedar park on the 23rd? It's down the street from me, so have to swing by.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back