Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks tonight...that's about it for me! :tsk: Have a great weekend folks! :p

33-degrees-of-barbeque menu for this weekend:

(because it's only supposed to be 33 degrees tomorrow for our 'Q)

2 boneless butts
2 racks of spares
2 racks of babybacks
24 boneless chicken thighs
2 meatloafs, which will be sliced and grilled off as burger substitutes
24 veggie-style ABT's (wrapped in zucchini, stuffed with a carmelized onion, roasted red pepper, black olive and roasted garlic relish)

Will also be doing a box of 1/4 lb dogs, potato salad, pasta salad, slaw, beans, and apple fritters.

I think I'm going to do a Chicken or Turkey Breast on the MUDS. The weekend looks pretty full so a short duration cook is in order.

tri-tip saturday and probably some fresh salmon for sunday!

82 degrees here. Will be going to a garden show tomorrow to pick up herbs for my wifes herb garden. Sunday will be 2 racks of BB.

After work today I'm going by Cottens grocery (where they have a REAL BUTCHER and MEAT MARKET!!!) and picking up three racks of spares that I will trim to St. Louis style and will be smoking a butt to accompany it. I figured if I'm going to be stuck doing yard work all day tomorrow at least I can do it and smell Q! ROLL TIDE!!!

Nothing I am going to IQUE's class at the BBQ Guru Sat and Sun. Looking forward to it. :becky: Weather a bit chilly

I gotta 3 day weekend! Off today with my 15 year old son to look at trucks for him. Steaks tonight sound pretty good. May have to do that. :thumb:

This weekend I am gonna try my second go round in the UDS, this time it will be brisket. I cant mess that up too bad, I like beef raw or burned...even greasy! :becky:

40 degrees here. Two chickens that I might spatch and at least one fatty.

Grillin Steaks tonight, and smoking about 15 pounds of Turkey breast that I run through the slicer and freeze for lunch meat.

Had a local butcher meat processor custom cut some spares for me. Little thicker than your normal cryovac stuff. Going to keep practicing for my first comp coming up in about 2 months. keith

Makin a pizza tonight, gonna spatch a chicken on the UDS and do some country style ribs indirect on the grill. Have a good weekend!

Butt and some ABTs tomorrow making dinner for a friend having a hard time

I pulled a tri-tip out of the freezer. Doing it tomorrow with some ABT's. I'll enter it in the Master Comp and see what happens.

Family over on Sunday so planning some chicken thighs, a few burgers and a couple of Bath chaps (pig cheeks) - never cooked them before so no idea how they'll turn out!

Back