• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS Building Class - Saturday

Considering that I just lost my job and that I now have oodles of free time, Im in!!!!

Bob, I'll need directions my man.

You gonna havae some of that tasty burbon that you were chatting about?

I thought it was at the same place where you got your Brethren nickname.....:cool:

Bourbon and powertools! Need webcam. Oh and firstaid kit. :biggrin:

No Pat, that was last week..........

Considering that I just lost my job and that I now have oodles of free time, Im in!!!!

I think it's at the Hillsboro Vineyard church. Curt set the location up. We're kicking it off at 8:30AM or something like that.

I wish I was able to make this but if you have another one of these real soon I would love to attend because I am dying here. I want to build my own smoker but have limited funds right now (wedding being planned) and I am a machinist by trade so I am sure I can handle the work.

I need a smoker ASAP because going out every week to some place to buy Q is making me broke but I have to have the stuff!:-D

I wish I was able to make this but if you have another one of these real soon I would love to attend because I am dying here. I want to build my own smoker but have limited funds right now (wedding being planned) and I am a machinist by trade so I am sure I can handle the work.

I need a smoker ASAP because going out every week to some place to buy Q is making me broke but I have to have the stuff!:-D

Put a case of beer in the frig, sit down and read through the UDS thread. My class is getting them built for about 80.00 - but if you're a machinist you can probably put together an easier and cheaper one.

Oh and by the time you're finished drinking the case of beer you'll finish the uds thread.

Put a case of beer in the frig, sit down and read through the UDS thread. My class is getting them built for about 80.00 - but if you're a machinist you can probably put together an easier and cheaper one.

Oh and by the time you're finished drinking the case of beer you'll finish the uds thread.

I saw that thread and man is it overwhelming. I would still not be opposed to taking your class and making one so I have the basics down beofre I go and use my welding and machining skills to try and make an even better one (not saying yours is not great)

Where does one start when looking for a drum??

SD, here is a link to craigslist. This is a search for "55 gal" in the Dayton area. You can expand your search or see if CB has any extra.

I think I would try Dayton Industrial Drum, but that's just me...

http://www.daytonindustrialdrum.com/id1.html

And that monster thread actually boils down to about three pages of really important stuff, and the rest is some really good stuff that makes for some neat options...shelves, bottle openers, and the like.

I also was going to suggest Dayton Industrial Drums. I've bought lots of drums from them for environmental projects we have had. Its Basically at the corner of Smithville and Springfield Street. Matter of fact I was 100' away from them today while looking at a project. I think they clean the refurbished ones out and sell them fairly cheap. Can't remember but they were not expensive.

I actually got the drums for the class from Dayton Industrial Drum. $30.00 each. They burn them and then use ball bearings to clean them out.

I just finished cutting the fire grates out of 9gg 3/4" expanded metal. 3 1/2 hours of cutting and cleaning with a oxyacet torch. It might sound like a lot of work, but it's really a lot of fun. Not that I need anything else to do right now....

I am getting in contact with them today to see if I can get two from them. I want to try and build two different types of UDS so I can play around a bit.

The bad part is here at work I am not able to see photobucket pics so I have to get home and check out the UDS thread in better detail. Damn government and blocking pics! :-D

I can't wait to try this out.

Sorry to hear about this Pat, I guess the HP-EDS deal didnt work out for you. Now you can focus on catering!!

Yup...just got my quote:

A.) Re-Conditioned 55 Gallon Steel Open Head Drum;
UN1A2 (17-H); Lid With Gasket; New 12 Gauge Bolt Ring;
Black 2 @ $30.00 ea.

Guess who will be buying a couple of drums this week! :mrgreen:

I would like to go as well, but the wife is in class all day saturday.

Sorry to hear about this Pat, I guess the HP-EDS deal didnt work out for you. Now you can focus on catering!!

Ya know, the way that I see it is that doors may get closed but God opens better ones. I am really trusting Him here. I believe that I am to really commit to Patrick's BBQ and get into the festival circuit. I have 2 that Im good on and Im working on 4 more for this year.

If these go well I'll be just fine and I'll be able to voulenteer more time serving others. That is really where my heart is at anyway.

It's kinda like skydiving, you agree to go, you suit up, you get in the plane, you take of, you get to altitude but you never jump. I guess that I got booted out of the plane. The questions is.... Will I pull the ripcord when I get scared or will I let God tell me when to do it.

Stay tuned...

Nicely put bro!! Hope that works out for ya!
Are you goin to help poor ol' Bob tomorrow? Hopefully somebody will get some pics! :biggrin:

Oh, yea I'll be there. I went and picked up the drums yesterday. Bob and I are gonna do some horse traden later on this morning...

K-01.jpg

Back