Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2013 Rhode Island State Barbeque Championship Competitionl, RI 7/20 - 7/21

Anyone up for dinner on Friday? maybe a lobster/clam bake Saturday?

Sure, will be there this afternoon, but I won't have a vehicle I can drive.

Nordic Lodge is popular, I guess, but I have never been there. :biggrin1:

I prefer Champlin's Seafood in Galilee, RI. Some of the fishing fleet sells directly to this restaurant that started as a clam shack back in the 30s. It's still mostly a clam shack format, but they do have a bar.

They also have a decent fish market, if you want to go the clambake route.

First BBQ comp under our belts and wow that was an amazing time.
We were stunned at how friendly everyone was. Thanks for all the advice and patience, and great meeting you all!
Grats to everyone that won!

Wow!!! Is about all we can say about this weekend we are still trying to get a grip on what happened… GC, The Jack, and Royal Invitation all at once it is pretty over whelming and too accomplish this in our 7th KCBS event is truly mind blowing So we decided to crack a bottle of Bourbon and toast to our 1st GC. , 1st Jack , 1st Royal ,and our 1st 1st brisket and a couple other things. Now we finally mellowed and can put our thoughts together. Our goal at the beginning of this year was to be in contention for NEBS rookie of the year do six comps and see where we landed. Now we are doing seven another reason to fill a glass. First we’d like to thank our families and friends who have supported us from the very beginning.. There are too way too many other people to mention and we don’t want to leave anybody out so we’d like to thank everyone who has stopped by our site said to say hello or welcomed us into their sites, let us pick their brains, answered our questions, your words of encouragement and just plain old made us feel welcomed into the BBQ circle. You all are great and we Thank You!!! One last thing “Please check your purses and your pockets we found a set of keys I’m stuck in this tower until you claim then!! But ” I’m comfortable with it”.. Congrats to Jacked Up on RGC everyone who got their name called and took the walk this weekend!!! You guys are all awesome!!!

Congrats to Can U Smell My Pits, Jacked Up, and everyone else that got a call. Has anyone seen my keys? :becky:

Had an amazing time again, even got to hang out with the Cannon Lady Saturday night.

Congrats to Can U Smell My Pits on their first GC and to Jacked Up on the RGC, and everyone that got calls.

I think we lost our keys - has anyone seen them? :pound:

I think we lost our keys - has anyone seen them? :pound:

For each category, places six through ten get a ribbon, and the top five get a trophy and a check. Please come up when we call your name.

For chicken, in 10th place is Smokin' Hog ATTENTION! ATTENTION PLEASE. IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR KEYS, PLEASE COME TO THE ANNOUCEMENT BOOTH.and in 7th is The DevineSOMEONE HAS LOST THEIR KEYS IN THE FIELD. IF YOU LOST YOUR KEYS PLEASE SEE THE ROTARY TEAM IN THE TOWEReeding Friendz. 4th is CrazyAGAIN WE HAVE A SET OF LOST KEYS. ATTENTION WE HAVE LOST KEYS. WE CAN'T GO HOME UNTIL SOMEONE CLAIMS THESE KEYS. IF YOU LOST YOUR KEYS PLEASE COME SEE USbasic bbq team.

For Ribs, in 10th The 5thWE HAVE FOUND A SET OF CAR KEYS. NOBODY HAS CLAIMED THEM IN THE LAST 10 SECONDS. I'M TIRED AND HUNGRY AND I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE UNITL YOU GET YOUR DAMN KEYS.and a Half Men. In 6th, Can YouCOME GET YOUR KEYS! WE HAVE FOUND KEYS ON THE FIELD AND I SURE LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE SOUND OF MY OWN VOICE. COME SEE ME SO WE CAN BOTH MARVEL AT HOW WELL I ANNOUNCE THINGSJacked Up.

For PorkTHE ROTARY IS HOLDING ME HOSTAGE IN A TOWER UNTIL YOU CLAIM YOUR KEYS. I HAVE A FAMILY THAT LOVES ME. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE CLAIM YOUR KEYS OR I WILL BE TRAPPED HERE WITH NOTHING TO DO BUTChicken Chokers. In 7th, FeedingATTENTION! IN CASE YOU HAVE BEEN LEAVING UNDER A ROCK, WE HAVE FOUND KEYS! SURE, YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT THEM, BUT NEITHER CAN WE. COME GET YOUR KEYS ORaporkalypse now. In 3rd, Big Guns...

A special thanks to Bill Minihan from Que and A Half Men for disconnecting 4 PA speakers. Bill, you are our hero. :hail:

It was a great event. It was our first time cooking in NE and we had a ball. It was ATTENTION! THERE IS A BLACK CLOUD IN THE SKY. EVACUATE THE FORUM. WE'RE NOT KIDDING RUN, RUN FOR YOUR VERY LIVES!!!! nice to meet and put a face to a lot of Brethren from that neck of the woods.

Congrats to Smell my Pits on GC and Jacked Up on RGC. We will definitely keep this one on the schedule.

A special thanks to Bill Minihan from Que and A Half Men for disconnecting 4 PA speakers. Bill, you are our hero. :hail:
^^ This x100^^:clap2::clap2::clap2:

PS has anyone seen my keys?

Back