So, I had these dry beans you see...TUBESTEAK MADNESS!!!

Best durn beanie-weenies I've ever seen! Hope they were 1/2 as good as they look.

Best durn beanie-weenies I've ever seen! Hope they were 1/2 as good as they look.

I've been trying to recreate my Great Aunt Agnes's baked beans recipe for a long time. She did it from sight too and never wrote anything down. This time I got darn close enough to what I remember it used to be like. Aun't (We'uns says ANT y'all) Agnes made the best baked beans ever.

Nice, Love my beans.I have an urge for Bacon and beans this week,

Very nice, Guerry!

I love it when you butter your buns :butt: and insert your tubesteak! :shock:

The beans were just an added bonus! :-D

That sure as hell looks like it would fill the void.......wow!

Great cook, and thanks for sharing the details!

KC

That sure as hell looks like it would fill the void.......wow!

Great cook, and thanks for sharing the details!

KC

Thanks! Who'da thunk such a simple dish as beanie weenies would have turned out to be an all day production?:rolleyes:

Brother that do look gooood!!!!:clap: When i doctor up store bought i never measure what i put in and people ask for the recipie and i say a little of this and some of that!:biggrin1:

Thanks alla y'all! Baked beans and beanie weenies in particular are a comfort food for me from childhood. I fell in love with this dish in Palatka, Florida, the first time I visited my mom's aunt Agnes. (Her married name was Guerry - hence, my name and deguerre from which Guerry was anglicized.) At any rate, apparently I could not stop talking about them, even after the return to Alabama. So, everytime after that, my Great Aunt Agnes ALWAYS had a pan waiting for me when we first arrived for a visit. :-D

Back