Number Check! Shocker I know...

OregonBoy

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a very intimidating task ahead of me. I am cooking PP for 250ish. I have so far went off of 200 adults and pretended kids do not exist. Thank you for your input and let me know what I am doing wrong.

My plan

100 pounds Pork
40 Pounds Beans
50 Pounds Mac N Cheese
40 Pounds Coleslaw
300 buns
300 rolls with butter packages (was requested but I am torn)
Fruit platters
Vegetable Platters

Just going to jazz up some canned beans with some bacon and other accompaniments.

The coleslaw I am lost on this one. I am not going to have much or any help so I was thinking of just getting a premixed coleslaw dressing and dumping it on 5# bags of shredded cabbage. I doubt anyone would realize I took a short cut on this. I though wonder what the ratio of slop to cabbage is. Was thinking 1 gallon sauce should cover 10# cabbage. Any help here would be extra helpful.

They will have 3 kegs at the party and I am going to bring some water. Figured 350 bottles, they also are supplying lemonade.

The pork Ill be cooking it the night before and then foil/coolering it to be pulled on site. I am buying the roto puller for future fast ripping like this.

Thank you all for any advise you can throw my way.

Kevin

100# finished pork is too much - that's enough for 300 people, easy.
You'll throw most of the buns and all the rolls out.
Use the portioning on the coleslaw buckets - they are pretty close
#10 can of beans yield about 22 portions
Most of the fruit and veggies will get wasted and if they are "appetizers" then they'll fill up and you'll waste the other stuff.

However, this is my experience and your mileage may vary. Figuring yields and costs is part of the fun!!

Ya sorry I meant finished Pork. From your suggestions I am going to just can the rolls and butter and pull back on the buns a little. I wish I was figuring not only yields but cost as well. Sadly I am footing this thing!!

I use 6 cups of dressing for 5# of cabbage. You have to remember the cabbage will weep with the dressing on it.
Here is my recipe.

1-20 oz can crushed pineapple
2 cups apple cider vinegar
½ gallon mayo
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp celery salt

You can adjust the seasoning to taste.

Back