Four Nipples vs One Big Hole

Why don't everybody use gate valves insted they are less than 1/2 the price of a ball valve and do the same thing. 1 turn equals 1/4. 2 turns equal 1/2 & so on. The 3/4in valve cost about 8$

I really think it's a matter of preference. 4 nipples are really good for flow, however one BIG hole puts it all in one spot and is easier to control just my $.02. But then again I'm an A## Man. :mmph:

Why don't everybody use gate valves insted they are less than 1/2 the price of a ball valve and do the same thing. 1 turn equals 1/4. 2 turns equal 1/2 & so on. The 3/4in valve cost about 8$

I've never understood this either:doh:

I can't speak for others but I use a ball valve because I can be 20 feet away and see how it's set. It just works for me.

I can't speak for others but I use a ball valve because I can be 20 feet away and see how it's set. It just works for me.

Yea after a couple brews I do kinda forget where I set it. So there is that. I think I should shop after a cpl. :eek:

Sorry. I have no input. I clicked on this for an entirely different reason:oops:.

Use magnets stolen from her fridge....free!

This get's my vote for "Best Dirty Thread Title of the Year Award". Classic!

Back to question- I built my UDS with one big(1-1/2")pipe for the intake with ball valve. Works great and there's no bending over to adjust the air.

the sliders work great for controlling the heat.

chickendinner017.jpg

chickendinner013.jpg

works like a charm.

I roll with just one. I can manage temps from 240° for smokin' right through a blazing 500°+ for pizzas. I keep the fire basket centered and have not noticed any odd burn patterns. There's a lot of room down there for air to flow evenly.
bded837c.jpg

I was planning on using 3 nipples for my first UDS build (following Norcoredneck's tutoria), now you guys have me wondering if I should use 4... :confused:

Back