EGGwegofest 2009

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
What's a breaded wonder???:icon_blush:

Haven't had a chance to sort through photos from yesterday yet (was just too late after our 8 hour teardown...:-D)

We'll post up photos Monday, getting ready to head downtown for phase two of our gastro-weekend

Rick, was a pleasure meeting you in person, and I don't give a good GD whether that adobo was "authentic" or not, it was DAMN good! On pizza, on taco's, whatever (and not as hot as you'd led us to believe) And all your food, the pizzas, pineapple, and the banannas foster were excellent!

Always fun to see Ron and Amy, and good to see you again too Bill. Had you simply stayed to the end, we did get a few photos. In fact, we blocked traffic at the exit for 5 or 10 minutes doing it!:redface:
Ron, we might have to steal the blankets in a pig idea. And those wings were killer, thanks for the take home sack!

Oh, BTW Bill....Amish law.....really????:twisted:

Nancy is now, after talking with Amy and I, giving thought to hosting a KCBS contest at the venue, so anyone with any experience organizing and obtaining sanctioning, your help would be appreciated. We were thinking of putting her in touch with Jim from Westmont, and Marcia from Racine for starters. Would be nice to have another local comp!

Anyway, off to Millennium Park. Photos from both events tomorrow, if I haven't eaten and drank myself into a coma

Rick,
How do you transfer the pizza to the pizza stone? Do you use a pizza peel or something else? Fat guy in Iowa wants to know. :-D

He used what looked like wax paper or something similiar, he put the dough on the table on top of the papaer and made the pizza and then used the paper to transfer the pizza to the stone on the egg

Looks like a great time. I definitely want an egg someday for pizza.

Watertowerbbq -good memory and yes, you hit all the high parts, IMO:eusa_clap:-D Well done.

Rick,
How do you transfer the pizza to the pizza stone? Do you use a pizza peel or something else? Fat guy in Iowa wants to know. :-D

parchment paper and then i slide it out from under the crust after a few minutes once the crust has begun to develop

He used what looked like wax paper or something similiar, he put the dough on the table on top of the papaer and made the pizza and then used the paper to transfer the pizza to the stone on the egg

The paper was just a distraction. The truth is that Rick just looks at the pizza at it moves itself to the stone! :rolleyes:

Parsley Lady ad I had a great time at the Eggfest. The weather stayed dry and the syn even came out at the end! It was great to meet Rick after "knowing" him for so long on the forums! It was also great to meet a lot of new folks from here and the Egghead forum like The Boz. Glad you enjoyed the wings!

Here are some of our pictures from the day...

P1030659.JPG

Me moving the Blueberry Pancake Fatties around. They were great! Thanks to Smokin D for the idea!

P1030661.JPG

Brethren member Bones (Chris) working some sausages and meat balls.

P1030662.JPG

Egghead forum member Clay Q made this incredible table for his mini. Check out the sausage link handle on the mini!

P1030666.JPG

Dave with a rack of very good ABTs

P1030668.JPG

My attempt at taking a picture of one of RTD's pizzas :-D

P1030670.JPG

Rick's Tropical Delight! We learned at Tropical is his middle name and Delight is his last name :biggrin:

P1030672.JPG

Bob (Sgt. BBQ on the Egghead forum) cutting up a turkey leg. Thanks for letting me use your Thermapen, Bob!

P1030683.JPG

Rick serving his Bananas Foster

P1030677.JPG

The last two bites of RTD's great Bananas Foster

P1030678.JPG

Boilermaker Ben made some great stir fry in the Egg

P1030684.JPG

One of the Egghead forum members (can't remember his name!) brought his martini kit!

P1030693.JPG

We did remember a group picture, Bill, but you were gone :(
L-R, RTD, Smoke&Stoke (Diane in front, Dann in back), Parsley Lady and me. When we were done with the picture we noticed that we were blocking the exit and had a 6 or 7 car traffic jam built up! :rolleyes:

There are more pictures here...
http://picasaweb.google.com/rclewen/Eggwegofest?feat=directlink

Rick - thanks for posting the link to the video - now I can almost say I have been to an Eggfest:rolleyes:

great shots, mr ronL! i must have clayQ's mini table! i forgot tattoo's grid, but clayQ loaned me the mini plate setter he cut out of a pizza stone. it worked great and i want one! i tried to steal it, but i just couldn't do it.

Looks like a great time! Not quite as wild as the bash at your place Rick....:biggrin:
The food looks fantastic too. Thanks for sharing your pics. :cool:

We did remember a group picture, Bill, but you were gone :(

Doh!

It was great meeting some of the other Brethren members like Chris (Bones) and newer members like TheBoz. I had looked up your member ID last night and couldn't find it, but I was looking under "B"!

Great pictures Ron! You and Amy must have had stealth photography, cuz I didnt see you one time pointing/shooting.

It was also great getting a few minutes to talk to Bobby-Q from BGE. He's a member here but only gets a chance to read up when he can, time permitting. His team was competing back in Georgia, and he was stuck there with us. You couldnt tell though, as he was geniunely a nice guy.

I think if you guys held a comp there, someone needs to protect the Roosters!

Yeah Thanks for the Video Rick! Been wanting to see a video of Bill. I Can't Read a picture very well but I can read a video.

Bill, I see that behind the keyboard you are pretty bold and out spoken. But when the camera confronted you you seem to draw back a little, was that a touch of shyness. :wink: You all looked like you had a great time and I just loved all the picures. But the video:wink:was cool too.

:icon_shy:icon_shy:icon_shy

Whoa, Dann is tall! Looks like a great time, I am now reading up on banned Amish Dutch Ovens.

I realized that I didn't take any pictures of my won food :rolleyes:

We had a Blueberry Pancake Fatty left over so I pulled it out of the fridge this morning and cut it in half for a photo op. It is cold, but it still looked good :-D

P1040695.JPG
P1040696.JPG

Doh!

It was great meeting some of the other Brethren members like Chris (Bones) and newer members like TheBoz. I had looked up your member ID last night and couldn't find it, but I was looking under "B"!

Great pictures Ron! You and Amy must have had stealth photography, cuz I didnt see you one time pointing/shooting.

It was also great getting a few minutes to talk to Bobby-Q from BGE. He's a member here but only gets a chance to read up when he can, time permitting. His team was competing back in Georgia, and he was stuck there with us. You couldnt tell though, as he was geniunely a nice guy.

I think if you guys held a comp there, someone needs to protect the Roosters!

No pics of Willkat ??? pfft... wasn't there/didn't happen. :biggrin:

Back