Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 8 & 9, 2010

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there. I should have bags of whole bean coffee available for $10/bag, but that depends on when we get back from the Royal.

Who's in?

We'll be there. Save me a bag of coffee!! :becky:

Seeing I will be able to get there early, I am considering entering the sausage contest. Although, the orgainzer asked me not to enter... Just to give other teams a chance.... :boxing:

I'm close, so I might pop by to say howdy to the Brethren! Ron - are you gonna have ONLY whole bean coffee? I'm sure I could pick up a few bags of grounded for the Manito folks if you've got 'em. No pressure, though.

Let me see if I have any left after the Royal and if I have time to roast when we get back, Dan. How many bags were you thinking?

Three Porks and a Smoker's in......so Ron whats the deal with the coffee? I'm always up for some good coffee. Dann I'm bringing some Highland Park 12yr scotch. Don't I still owe you a drink?

Let me see if I have any left after the Royal and if I have time to roast when we get back, Dan. How many bags were you thinking?

I'll let you know ASAP. Not too many...50 or so :icon_blush: j/k

Three Porks and a Smoker's in......so Ron whats the deal with the coffee? I'm always up for some good coffee. Dann I'm bringing some Highland Park 12yr scotch. Don't I still owe you a drink?

My "other" hobby is home coffee roasting. We make a big pot of coffee to share with friends and neighbors at comps and this year I've been selling bags of coffee at comps, too.

My "other" hobby is home coffee roasting. We make a big pot of coffee to share with friends and neighbors at comps and this year I've been selling bags of coffee at comps, too.

Cool! If you have any extra you can pencil me in for a couple. See ya in Arthur!

That's a question I'll rarely answer with no!:-D

BTW, Ron's coffee is pretty darn good. I don't drink much coffee anymore, used to from dawn till dusk, but I make a point to get a cup of Ron's whenever we're at a comp together

That's a question I'll rarely answer with no!:-D

BTW, Ron's coffee is pretty darn good. I don't drink much coffee anymore, used to from dawn till dusk, but I make a point to get a cup of Ron's whenever we're at a comp together

I can't wait to try some! Esp. on those cool 40 mornings we've been having here in central Illinois lately.

PigDawg is in. The season is winding down and we still need to put a few thousand miles on the trailer.

Would love to try a bag of that coffee for sure.

Safe travels everyone!

PigDawg is in. The season is winding down and we still need to put a few thousand miles on the trailer.

Would love to try a bag of that coffee for sure.

Safe travels everyone!

Welcome to Illinois, Mike. As long as you leave some of those other Okies behind... :wink:

Here's a hint. The closer you get to the railroad tracks, the louder it gets... Also, make sure you order the sticky buns that the local club makes for Saturday morning. They are real good. i believe the order form is on the website.

Welcome to Illinois, Mike. As long as you leave some of those other Okies behind... :wink:

Here's a hint. The closer you get to the railroad tracks, the louder it gets... Also, make sure you order the sticky buns that the local club makes for Saturday morning. They are real good. i believe the order form is on the website.

Thanks Scottie, we try to leave them behind every week....with limited success.:wink:

Thanks for the heads up on the sticky buns, will get those ordered. Hopefully, we'll have some primo coffee to go with them.

Get to Ron's trailer early. It's popular... :becky: I'm usually the one standing there at 6:00 am asking if it's ready yet... OK, maybe more like 6:15...

The coffee is usually ready by 6:30 and gone by 8:30 or so. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say what?

Hey Scottie,

Watch that Okie-talk, there's one of them's agonna be judgin'.:boxing: I think I can make it over to judge the sauce and sausage too.:heh: Best of luck with all the contests.

Laird

KCBS CBJ, Certified Table Captain
BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and Thermapen

Hey Scottie,

Watch that Okie-talk, there's one of them's agonna be judgin'.:boxing: I think I can make it over to judge the sauce and sausage too.:heh: Best of luck with all the contests.

Laird

KCBS CBJ, Certified Table Captain
BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and Thermapen

Well, at least someone did a little talk with the sausage. I was hoping there would be a little smack talk. but seeing that no one is stepping up, I'll probably pass...

See you there Laird. Hope you get some good food on your table.

Well, at least someone did a little talk with the sausage. I was hoping there would be a little smack talk. but seeing that no one is stepping up, I'll probably pass...

See you there Laird. Hope you get some good food on your table.

We were 2nd place sausage at Shannon this year...i was hoping for some good competition :becky: ............(but not to good)

Back