New Holland Summer Fest (8/24-25) New Holland, PA (KCBS)

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just got the New Holland Summer Fest 2007 entry form in the mail. They had a number of teams on the waiting list last year that didn't get to cook because they were totally full. If you want to cook at New Holland this year get those entry forms in with your checks as soon a you can so you don't miss out. We enjoyed this contest very much last year as it is very cooker friendly.

Thanks for the heads up Guy. I've been looking every day on their website for the entry form but they haven't updated it yet. I just shot them an email with my home and email addy's. Hopefully I can get in before it fills up.

I got my application in the mail today... will mail back soon.

If I recall reading it correctly, April 1st is the deadline for returning teams to get a guaranteed spot with a paid application. After that it would be opened up for first time applicants if spots remained from the max of 72 teams. I recall last year submitting an e-mail request for application quite early (Feb/March) and not getting the application until mid April. Luckily I mailed in the check that week and got a spot.

Ok. I emailed them as well. Will sit and wait until April I guess since I didn't compete last year. Welcome back from France or where ever the heck you were Vinny!

I mailed my entry in today. The price went up $25 dollars but they say they are going to raise prize money. No prettiest pig this year.

20 x 20 space $175
Electricity $35
Extra Space $50

Oops, I missed where it said 35 for electric and mailed a check for the basic entry fee only. If I get in I'll have to fix that. Thanks Steve.

I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.

Have to wait until April 1 to see if any returning teams drop off.:frown:

NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.

Sawdustguy said:
NHSF is one of the nicest events we cooked last year. Mel Stolfus runs a great event. Our own Vinny (Millitant Squatter) had their best showing of the season (they were 10th out of 72 teams) and Rich Decker of Lost Nation Smoke Company won Grand reserve Championship. We (the Polocks) had an off day coming in 20th out of 72 teams. It was tremendous fun.

I've heard nothing but great things. Fingers crossed five teams don't return but it seems like a long shot. I have a call into Tonya Harding just in case...

Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray

The Anchorman said:
Really? 72 teams are already signed up? FARK! I wanted to added this contest to our schedule this year. How does one get on the waiting list, please help!
Ray

I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.

Last edited:
SmokeInDaEye said:
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list.
Really? I requested an app as soon as they were available, mailed it back out the same day it got to my house and I've received no such notification. I know they got it because I've since been in contact with the organizer.

The Anchorman said:
Ray

Here's what the site said...We will accept completed forms and money and hold them until after April 1st. You must send money in form of cash check or money order to be considered. We will sequence as we recieve them and then after April 1st we will notify you whether you have made the magic list of 72. If you don't then we will return your check.

http://www.nhsummerfest.org/forms.html

MilitantSquatter said:
I'm looking forward to returning to New Holland. A great setting and well run event for teams, judges and the public.

Ray... Just to clarify...There were 72 teams last year. They are giving first right of refusal so to speak to last years teams if they send in the applications by April 1 before opening it up to new teams. If you want to get on the "waiting list", you'll need to send in your application and check now and I'm guessing they'll hold it until April 1 to see which of last years teams do not send in the application and then move to the waiting list roster.

I guess you're in the same boat as me trying to get into Harpoons 40 spots that always go to last years teams first.

Vinny, have you seen an application for Harpoon yet?

SmokeInDaEye said:
I just got an email saying I am number 5 on the waiting list...

Has anyone else received such an email?

I sent my app and check three weeks ago and i have not recieved that e-mail conferming the wait list.

We are one of the 72 teams returning from last year. 10th ribs, 1st Chef's Choice and finished 18th out of 72. Friends of ours sent in their app and got an email that they are 7th on the list.

Has anyone got the app for Asbury yet and any word on Ocean City NJ?

butt head said:
I sent my app and check three weeks ago and i have not recieved that e-mail conferming the wait list.
I just received a response to my email asking where we were in line. I was also told that they weren't contacting people at first beause they didn't want to promise anything. Turns out we are #1 on the list. :-D
If you applied early I guess you've got a shot. I can't imagine that all 72 teams will be returning. I know this contest is high on a lot of people's lists but lives and circumstances change. I'm sure a few will not be able to come back (I hope :wink: ).

Back