Vending poles

dreed

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a 12' wide by 8ft high banner, I need a lightweight easy to manage (aluminum) pole system for it. does anyone have a company they have used or is everyone building thier own from Home depot parts? I would also like to have brackets mounted to my trailer to offer better support.

Dana

Damn Dana you dont think I can point you the right way with that? I have a good set up on my big trailer.

Damn Dana you dont think I can point you the right way with that? I have a good set up on my big trailer.
You should have seen mark and I wrestling with those 20 ft steel poles. If you google News 12, rock ribs and ridges I think you can see us in the background trying to avoid being blown over. I couldn't find any user friendly set ups at HD.
See ya Norwalk

Matt, I will take a closer look at your trailer in CT.

You want to use steel - a 25mph wind gust on a 12' x 8' banner is right around 307 pounds, so each pole needs to laterally support 154 pounds at a minimum. Catch a 45 mph gust and the pole load goes up to 490 lbs.

Gives me a new insight to steel poles, thanks. Does this hold true for a mesh banner

Back