Upgrading my cook area

Now you KNEW I live in Memphis. Seriously though, it's usually the local Mexican's having a celebration. Just remember to stay under a roof when you hear a party going on in the neighborhood.:thumb:

or wear a hard-hat. A gunshot in my quiet part of town would probably bring more law enforcement than the Blues Brothers movie.

That's a great looking space for cookouts , brother! Shade in the hot summer and shelter from the rain and snow. Very nice. :clap:

A little more progress on the inside and some not visible in the picture. The brick layers are supposed to be here Monday if it's dry.

picture.php

A little more progress on the inside and some not visible in the picture. The brick layers are supposed to be here Monday if it's dry.

picture.php

You know this is going to be cool when you can park your harley in the cook area !

Moving right along - the anticipation is killing me. I like the fans as well. Have you thought about how the smoke is getting out? Is there going to be a fan assisted vent or?

Whatcha bricking up? Making some walls?

The block and brick are for the retaining wall that will be where the dirt is in the picture. The brick will start just after the block is even with the soil.

You know this is going to be cool when you can park your harley in the cook area !

The Harley belongs to my contractor. The smoker to the left is what I have instead of a Harley and Mrs. Slow-Smoker reminds me of this if I even begin to look at it.

Moving right along - the anticipation is killing me. I like the fans as well. Have you thought about how the smoke is getting out? Is there going to be a fan assisted vent or?

I'm having a chimney similar to that of a wood stove installed to take the smoke through the ceiling. The chimney will mostly be hidden inside the wall of a utility closet next to the smoker.

What are your plans for the vertical posts?

The posts will be wrapped with brick until they are at the level of the wall, and from there up, they'll be wrapped in mahogany or Ipe similar to the rest of the deck.

A few updated progress pics

Drainage plumbing installed for down-spouts and floor drains.

picture.php

Brick work started

picture.php

picture.php

With any luck, there might be a cement floor by next week.

Thanks for lookin'

Back