MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
JBI
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Starting a Catering Business Start-up Guide Kit

Is this kit worth the $30? Has anybody used the techniques to start up a successful catering business? Any other recommended reads or DVD's out there?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

What is this "kit" you speak of?
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
JBI
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

http://www.startingacateringbusiness.com/

Thanks for reviewing!!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Learnin Querve
Full Fledged Farker

Ok, I clinked the link and read the first page. I found it interesting that there is no author named or any credentials, no testimonials from "satisfied customers", and a couple of stock photos. Looks like a squeeze page to me.

Did you notice that the "Affiliate Program" page is very detailed. Did you notice the testimonial from freeadvertisingforum dot com? That raised a flag with me.

A quick whois search didn't help much; it's a godaddy site and the owners name isn't listed. Now I'm really curious. I Googled the Berkeley, CA address listed listed on the bottom of the page...

Want to guess where freeadvertisingforum is located? As well as lots of other internet marketing sites that will show you (for a fee) the secrets to amazing wealth from internet and affiliate marketing? There is a name listed, but who knows if it's a real name or a pseudonym...But he seems to have a following in the internet marketing world.

Maybe...the information offered is legitimate. Who knows. But I wouldn't pony up $30 for this particular e-book...

Chris.
Learnin Querve is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Plenty of experts here who are doing it right now that would probably be willing to answer any questions you may have and in the mean time save you some $$$$$ in the process! just my two cents, it was the knowlege I gained from the Brethren that got me started and going in my catering business!

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
Philly-QueMaster
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like a generic internet marketing page if you ask me. Someone probably purchased re-sale rights to a generic catering e-book and it now marketing it. Probably isn't anything special.
Philly-QueMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
smoke it if ya got it
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq View Post
Plenty of experts here who are doing it right now that would probably be willing to answer any questions you may have and in the mean time save you some $$$$$ in the process! just my two cents, it was the knowlege I gained from the Brethren that got me started and going in my catering business!
I agree with Bossman it worked for me. I'm doing 3 Farmers markets a week. The money isnt all that great but it's my first year and my name is getting out there. There is a wealth of info here just for the asking and it's free! ford is a fountain of knowledge and has been catering for years.

[COLOR=red]Rub it till it smokes![/COLOR]
smoke it if ya got it is offline   Reply With Quote