First ribeye with blue cheese

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
picked up some ribeyes today and decided I would try them with a little blue cheese and butter sauce. Wow! If you would have told me six months ago to put blue cheese on a steak I might have slapped you. Definitely gonna add this to the regular arsenal. I covered the cow with some virgin olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. I mixed some some blue cheese and butter at about 3 to 1. I didn't look up a recipe so there may be a better way to make the sauce. I reverse seared these steaks with a little mesquite on my 22.5 OTG. Mine was almost 2 inches thick and wifeys was just over an inch. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics...

His and hers

uzy5ypuz.jpg

Sea salt, pepper, and a little EVOO

une5upyg.jpg

Action shots

vuzujymu.jpg

ha6e5uge.jpg

Plate shots

edatetuq.jpg

ry9ypa7y.jpg

ejyma9a7.jpg

Mini-me seemed to like it too. He's also wearing some fancy dinner attire :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyBd-5paAck&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That looks magnificent,tell me about the Blue cheese please.

Looks great Chris!

I have to admit, it doesn't sound good, but I'll try it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

That looks magnificent,tell me about the Blue cheese please.

I know the blue cheese sounds odd, just trust me. It adds a sharp bite that I really enjoyed. Like I said, 6 months ago I would have said you'd lost your mind for putting something like this on a steak. I decided to try something new and I'm glad I did.
I first saw the idea here from a few brethren. If it's sounds too weird to you just take a little crushed BC with melted butter and dip a piece of your steak in it. If you don't like it toss the sauce and enjoy the steak.

Chris

I know the blue cheese sounds odd, just trust me. It adds a sharp bite that I really enjoyed. Like I said, 6 months ago I would have said you'd lost your mind for putting something like this on a steak. I decided to try something new and I'm glad I did.
I first saw the idea here from a few brethren. If it's sounds too weird to you just take a little crushed BC with melted butter and dip a piece of your steak in it. If you don't like it toss the sauce and enjoy the steak.

Chris

so you crush the cheese and put on top of the steak after it.s plated

First post failed so if this doubles, sorry.

I love blue cheese sauce on my steaks. Here's the recipe I use.

2C half & half
8 oz gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1 T butter
1 shallot diced S&P

Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and sweat until translucent. Add half & half and bring to a steaming temp. Do not let boil. Stir frequently and reduce by 1/3-1/2 until about 1- 1 1/2 C liquid remains. Add cheese a bit at a time a whisk in until fully incorporated. Season w/ S&P.

Cooking slowly will create a nice smooth sauce. If it boils or you add the. cheese to quickly you'lend up with a grainy saucel

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Wonderful pron Chris!
I brown onions in a CI skillet add cream and blue cheese.
It's been years so maybe TFO will gimme a pass...:mrgreen:

so you crush the cheese and put on top of the steak after it.s plated

All I did was melt a little crushed blue cheese and real butter then spread a little on the steak. Since I originally posted this I've been looking a little on the interwebs and there are lots of different recipes. MS2SB's looks good and I'm gonna have to try it.

Back