Best BBQ joints recommendations for KC

Crazy Uncle Jethro

Found some matches.
Reaction score
My fellow brethren,
I’m planning a bbq tour of KC in April. Looking for recommendations of “can’t miss/hidden gems” BBQ joints to try in KC. Here’s a list of places we’re considering: Oklahoma Joe’s, Danny Edwards Boulevard barbecue, plowboys, Char Bar, Jack Stack, Arthur Bryants, Q39, Slaps, Gates, Smoking Guns, Woodyard, LC’s, and BBs Lawnside. Any info/advice on these places would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to add any favorite I may have missed.
Thanks!

I’m not from KC but I have been to Q39. I was passing by there on business and a friend of mine took me there for lunch. It was really good and would recommend it. I sampled all their meats and had the chicken wings too as an appetizer.

From that list I would first hit up Joe's KC, Q39, Slaps, Plowboys, and Jack Stack. If time permits I would then hit up LC's, Woodyard, and Gates. The rest I personally would skip.

Slaps - my favorite in KC
Q39 - great food, usually packed so may want to call ahead or make a reservation
Joe's KC (formerly Oklahoma Joe's) - can't go wrong with a Z-man and fries
Char Bar - Great food and drink with an awesome patio with yard games
Jack Stack and Arthur Bryants (the original on Brooklyn) are two more I like. BB's Lawnside is pretty cool too, usually have live music in the evenings so there may be a cover but it is worth it.

From that list I would first hit up Joe's KC, Q39, Slaps, Plowboys, and Jack Stack. If time permits I would then hit up LC's, Woodyard, and Gates. The rest I personally would skip.

That ^

I would totally skip Danny Edwards. Its edible, but I sure don't recall it being worth making any effort to go there.

Back