• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yoder Smokers?

guntera

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Anyone use the Yoder Smoker Trailer for competitions and are happy with it? Just trying to get some feedback on a BBQ trailer Co. close to home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I love my Yoder..

they went out of their way to make a smoker that fits all that I need in a smoker. I've had mine a little less than a year. Took a little time to learn how to control temp, etc., but couldn't be more pleased. FWIW, the one thing I would change, I would get a square insulated firebox. The one change I made to my smoker was to raise the level of the firebox so I could get a little higher temp to cook high and hot.

Check out a few photos at our facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=212302484945

Check out Horizon Smokers in Perry, OK. Roger and his guys build a great smoker, and provide excellent service as well.

I've had the pleasure of cooking on an Horizon for the last couple of years. We started cooking on this one a month ago. 3 contests in, I couldn't be happier with it. Give Roger a call.

Attachments

• DSCN8574.jpg
    DSCN8574.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 261
Yoder and Horizon are VERY similar. Model to Model the Yoders are a little more refined in a few places (door on firebok seals better on a Yoder). That is just on the standard models though. Dan Cary is the owner of Yoder, and of All Things BBQ in Wichita. Give him a call and tell him what you want. He is a good guy. Mike Davis is cooking on a Yoder they built last year. They also make a kick ass Pellet, the YS'640.

C
I've had the pleasure of cooking on an Horizon for the last couple of years. We started cooking on this one a month ago. 3 contests in, I couldn't be happier with it. Give Roger a call.

Hey Mike... What the small box on the tongue?

Yoder's main tech worked for Horizon. Aside from the pellet cooker, Yoder designs are knockoffs. The Davis cooker is a Jambo copy, and the rest are copies of Horizon designs.

I'd love to have the Yoder pellet feeder. Looked at one at the KCBS banquet - nice thick steel for efficiency and to help even out the heat.

Hey Mike... What the small box on the tongue?
Ron, that's a 12v winch. The cooker was designed to be hauled inside a toy hauler or cargo trailer. The winch just helps an old guy and a fat guy get the cooker in and out.:thumb:

Back