NoCents Injectors

itschris

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What do you guys think about these? I think the diameter of those needles look awfully big... but then again... I have little experience with injecting for Q.

http://www.nocents.us/index5.html

Can I get some other recommondations if you have some other favorite?

I'm thinking I could make one dandy of a mess with that thing.
I just go to the local veterinary clinic for needles and syringes.

What do you guys think about these? I think the diameter of those needles look awfully big... but then again... I have little experience with injecting for Q.

http://www.nocents.us/index5.html

Can I get some other recommondations if you have some other favorite?

I got one for Christmas but I haven't tried it out yet. We're doing a bunch of butts for Harpoon this weekend. If I remember to bring it I'll try it out. The injecto I use now has the same size needle

Looks like the same needle as in my Morton meat pump.

I personally think the bigger needles are junk. They make a huge mess and don't go into the meat easily. I just use a small Cajun injector.

I bought a stainless one from Lowes for about $20 and it sucks ace. I bought a cheap plastic one from WM for $3 and it's great. The smaller needle is much easier and faster.

I made one using a needle from Allied Kenco
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=999&osCsid=undefined
and a sprayer I bought at Walmart. It is true about the bigger needle. If you have a lot to do you can inject away without refilling. You can really blow things up. I have a video clip of first attempt. I have since put a small piece of tubing between sprayer and needle. I will post it when photobucket is back up.

smaller ones do work better so you can position them at different locations in the meat and stagger injection sites.

Hey Norcoredneck, At the Bash did you have one with a tube going from pump to needle? Also where did you get you pump. I could not find that style at home depot.

Thanks,
Brian in So Cal

How can you tell if it's fits the pump? Did you have to make mods or were you lucky and found that it just screwed on?

I bought one of the valve/needle kits and supplied my own sprayer tank. I rigged mine up on a 1.5 gal. sprayer. I can inject a 150# hog and 6 whole (17#) shoulders and still have some juice left for a second shot halfway through the cook.

I went from the cheap injectors to a brine pump to this set-up. I think the no cents injectors are good if you are doing big volume.

No needle does not fit. Had to modify. Works better with hose. I used tygon tubing @ 8 -10 inches long. It fit over needle and I used tiewrap to hold on. Streached over pump with nozzle removed. I also used tiewrap. I actually got pump at Big Lots (pick-n-save) for $4. seen them at Walmart. Will post pics if i can find camera.

no cents injectors are da bomb...you just can't beat being able to simply cut the valve off to stop injecting and reposition the needle in the meat and turn the valve back on over and over as much as you like with that big ole container full of your fav injection.

Back