• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Entry Fee Notification

cubfan1968

Found some matches.
Reaction score
As the BBQ contests get more popular the need to enter earlier becomes an issue. My beef is I wish the contest organizers would notify you as soon as thet received your entry fee. With these clowns out there stealing letters with checks inside, it would be nice to know the check arrived at it's destination.

As the BBQ contests get more popular the need to enter earlier becomes an issue. My beef is I wish the contest organizers would notify you as soon as thet received your entry fee. With these clowns out there stealing letters with checks inside, it would be nice to know the check arrived at it's destination.

I agree-as Diva said-I too call or email one week after we mail the application.

You guys are right and I do follow up, but for 200+ beans I shouldn't have to.

For a couple bucks you can get a receipt confirmation from the US Postal Service. I have been competing for 9 years now, and I have never had an organizer independently confirm receipt of an application, so I think you can just stop wishing that will ever happen. Not even sure its a reasonable expectation, I send checks for bills through the mail all the time and no businesses send me confirmation of receipt.

Brett

For a couple bucks you can get a receipt confirmation from the US Postal Service. I have been competing for 9 years now, and I have never had an organizer independently confirm receipt of an application, so I think you can just stop wishing that will ever happen. Not even sure its a reasonable expectation, I send checks for bills through the mail all the time and no businesses send me confirmation of receipt.

Brett

True, cashing the check would be enough confirmation for me (if they would do it)

Brett

I think in this day and age of technology and email, it really isn’t too much to expect to get a confirmation of receipt. As an example, I submitted an application in December 2010 with a check. As usual, I took the initiative to contact the organizer and it was confirmed that my application and check was received. Three months later, the website was finally updated with attendees and my check has still yet to be cashed. I think for competitions that have limited availability, lottery system or a cut-off date, it is not unreasonable to expect an email. IMO

Back