MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
grilling24x7
Full Fledged Farker

Default Brisket and Pork Shoulder Together - times?

This weekend I was thinking about doing a brisket and a pork shoulder in my WSM 18.5 inch. I was going to put the brisket on the bottom.

Let's say I maintain 250-260 all day. What times am I looking at for the brisket? I'm fairly comfortable with the pork shoulder but I've never done a brisket before, let a long a brisket, shoulder combo.

Thoughts on cooking times?

John

Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

If you go with the same temperature as normal, the butt will take longer than you are used to. I have had it go various ways, from brisket first to butt first being done. At 275F or so in a small cooker, like a kettle, it will be 7 to 8 hours, in a UDS, I had one recently that the brisket clocked in at 5 hours, the butts at 8 hours.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
bam
is One Chatty Farker

What size brisket/butt?
bam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
BarbequeKansasCity
Knows what a fatty is.

For your first Brisket I would stay at 225-250 and start check the internal temp at 5.5 hours then every half hour there after till it hits 200 and the probe goes in the side easy.

Tags
brisket, pork, shoulder, underneath