• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Show Me BBQ Sauce

brdbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have a hell of a hankering for some Show ME Meat Loaf. So if any of you Missouri bros would send me a PM with your Addy etc I will send a money order to cover all cost plus a reach around if you promise not to pass gas.

Thanks
brdbbq

Wow, thats one hell of a request. Especially for a sauce called Show Me.:biggrin:

Hopefully one "lucky" brother will help you out and get reciprocated shortly after.

Yes it is but thanks to Al gore I have some on the way.

brdbbq, I would be happy to help you out but I don't know of this Show Me Meat Loaf sauce of which you speak. Maybe a little more info to help jump start my gray matter.
Meat

I googled it, its made in Columbia Missouri.
Never heard of it until today.

Brian, it gives the company info via google and a phone #.

brdbbq, I would be happy to help you out but I don't know of this Show Me Meat Loaf sauce of which you speak. Maybe a little more info to help jump start my gray matter.
Meat

Can't be found in Springfield I tried. Only in Columbia maybe one of the locals will share the history

Looks like Bull found some good info. May try to get some and give it a try. Sounds like you like it pretty well. Good luck and enjoy!

Only for the meat loaf. For real Q no which I have not had any in damn near a year

Interesting you only use it for meat loaf. Gotta try that. If it's been a year brother, it's time to get yourself some of that special sauce. If you are anywhere near Springfield on your journey, drop me a PM and maybe we can meet.

I don't know if their business is setup for direct mail order but the owner is Harry Berrier DVM and his phone is 573-442-5309. I'm pretty sure he still operates from his residence...he's been doing it for years...he's been living for years too. His business is quite the local success story. Pretty cool gig to hire high school/college kids to mix and package your product and have UPS drive up your driveway to distribute your product for you!

Thanks for the info Kelly. Hope brdbbq can make it happen for him. Appreciate it.

Giving this thread a bump back to the top for my amigo Brian.

First time i did sauce trade got paired with Solidkick & he sent me some Show Me Sauce & some Buck Creek habanero sauce (both of which convinced me them Columbia MoFos make some damn fine sauce).

Hope ya find some Show Me sauce pronto, Brian. Dat some mighty fine meatsloaf fo sho.

I don't know if their business is setup for direct mail order but the owner is Harry Berrier DVM and his phone is 573-442-5309. I'm pretty sure he still operates from his residence...he's been doing it for years...he's been living for years too. His business is quite the local success story. Pretty cool gig to hire high school/college kids to mix and package your product and have UPS drive up your driveway to distribute your product for you!
This is all true.......I've met and talked to the guy several times.....as a DVM during the war, he was in charge of food inspection for his company....thus he knows all the ends and outs of food safety and is allowed to have his maunfacturing process at home....he makes 400 gallons a week, that's it.....he had a hard time getting people to try his BBQ sauce in the beginning, thus he came up with the meatloaf recipe that to this day is on the label of the bottle.......I think I had sent Brian some Show Me sauce as part of a sauce trade or something a few years back, Brian's comment then was "that meatloaf recipe is knock your dick in the dirt good!"

Brian, send me your info in a PM and I'll see if I can't hook you up.

The lady whos answers the phone(I am guessing his wife since he makes the stuff in his basement) will send it right out to you and just send a bill with the order that they ask for you to mail back with your payment. Great folks and real nice to know people like that still exist. As for the sauce, I like it but it has waaaaaaaaay to much liquid smoke in it for me.

Harry is in his 80's and I tried for 3 years to buy his sauce business. He wasn't ready to sell at that time so I had to develope my own sauce. The last thing his wife said to me as I was walking out their door was " I don't think you can run a welding shop and sell sauce too" Well !!! 3 sauces, 2 rubs, 1 all season & a hot sauce later, I am right next to his on the shelf. All of the profit from his sauce goes to the State Park system. He wants a State Park named after him. Lots of liquid smoke but it was at one time my favorite sauce.

Harry is in his 80's and I tried for 3 years to buy his sauce business. He wasn't ready to sell at that time so I had to develope my own sauce. The last thing his wife said to me as I was walking out their door was " I don't think you can run a welding shop and sell sauce too" Well !!! 3 sauces, 2 rubs, 1 all season & a hot sauce later, I am right next to his on the shelf. All of the profit from his sauce goes to the State Park system. He wants a State Park named after him. Lots of liquid smoke but it was at one time my favorite sauce.

Well, it is a good goto sauce. Can't say more than that.

JT sent some down to me, via Brian. Not bad stuff at all. There can be a learning curve with it!8)

Made a meat loaf last night using the recipe and sweet baby ray's. It was 7* last night and I needed comfort food. Just wasn't the same. Even removed the plastic from the loaf pan this time.

Show Me sauce is available at a little gourmet shop here in Roselle Il (right next to mine). Ive never tried it though

Back