Rib Turn-In

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello,

Just looking for your quick opinion on this box. I will explain why later and also give you the appearance scores it received.

Ribs.jpg

Cheers,

Nate

Strong 7-8. Maybe a 9 or two mixed in. Maybe just a little too much green on the outsides.

I would give it an 8 for sure, maybe 9. Looks good but I think curley parsley looks better as a garnish. The ribs looks great, but the one on the right is a bit smaller than the one on the left.

I don't think i would turn in a rib end.....
Box looks nice, but empty.
I'm not a judge so can't give a score.

I'm with sled, 6-7, the reasons being, the parsley looks sparse, yes it's there, but a lot of "holes" in it. Also the ribs are not symmetrical, not the same size, and I have no view of the inside. I also think that turning in the end of a rack hurts you a bit as there is a huge variation in the product. On the other hand, the color is homogeneous, and it does look nice as a rack for the dinner plate. Scott

I really like this box. I think it is just the simplicity of it that makes it look good to me. The way it is in there with the garnish really makes me focus on the meat, which in itself looks good. 8.

I'm with sled, 6-7, the reasons being, the parsley looks sparse, yes it's there, but a lot of "holes" in it. Also the ribs are not symmetrical, not the same size, and I have no view of the inside. I also think that turning in the end of a rack hurts you a bit as there is a huge variation in the product. On the other hand, the color is homogeneous, and it does look nice as a rack for the dinner plate. Scott

Yak said Homo something......he he, he,he he :biggrin:

8 for sure, but I had to count the ribs twice just to make sure you had at least 6 in box. The one on right end messed with me, maybe cut that end square.

Garnish is a little excessive and unruly, but the ribs look great!

Hard for me to tell from the pic if there are six identifiable pieces, but if so a solid 8.

I'd give that a strong 8, maybe even a 9.

Agreed w/ the unruly greens commenters, but not scoring down for garnish. I think the meat looks good, and if the small end of the rack was the most perfectly cooked end, you did a good job of presenting in attractively.

I'd give it a high seven or low 8. All I can see is the bark & sauce, not the inside of the meat. The pieces on the left are larger than those on the right and the box looks kinda empty. I also had to count twice to make sure that there were 6 pieces. On the plus side, what I can see looks very good. Even color & texture, good color.
I'm also going by the pic only, not trying to guess how much better it would look in person.

I want to say thank you to everyone that commented. You all have made some very good points.
The main reason for my post was to see how people reacted to the flat leaf parsley. This was our first time using it. After talking to some people and them mentioning that they liked it better I wanted to get a second opinion. The reason we use it was, I was completely hung over the morning before the contest and bought the wrong stuff.
I did like the comments about the cuts not being all the same size. This is a very good point. When we cut them we always try to keep the same amount of meat on each side of our cut.

Here is how they scored.

Cheers,
Nate

Back