MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Default December "Why I deserve this" Holiday Edition has begun!

December” Why I deserve this “Holiday Edition has begun!

Rules: Please read this all the way through!

Entrants not complying to the rules will not be in the voting process

This contest is open to all registered Brethren and Sistren with the exception for those waiting out the remainder of your 12 months from winning a past contest.

The prize is usually BBQ related when possible!

I will take the first 10 (qualifying) contestants. I will use the date and time stamp as a guide for determining the 10 contestants.

December is going to be the most interesting story that happened to you or in you presence during a holiday!

Holiday Can be Christmas Years Birthday St. Pats day ect

There cannot be any repost of a story from a previous “Why I deserve this” but if it was posted outside a “Why I deserve this” thread it is still valid as long as it that happened to you or in you presence!

YOU MUST start the thread out as "Why I deserve this" Because: (Place interesting story here that happen to you or a relative our friend in your presence during a holiday.)

Voting will begin when I have 10 worthy contestants. The entry portion will run until Dec 19th 2008. Then Voting begins and will run until Dec. 26th

In case of a tie there will be a run off vote for the tying contestants.

Also we still must comply with all of the normal rules of our wonderful site.

As always these will be sent to winner at no charge. I usually send out the prize by the end of the month

So here is the December prize…….
Tony Chachere's 8oz

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

why I deserve this prize is kinda a sad story. You see I am one of nine children from a single income family, well I was born on December 23rd. I really didnt have a Christmas or a birthday, they allways seem to be combined. An example would be that I would get one shoe for my birthday and one for Christmas. While I am very greatfull for any present, this one would mean so much as it would be comming from you, my brothers!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Cause sprinkling a little salt over my shoulder has never helped me. Maybe it's time to jazz my sprinkle up a bit.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I deserve this because, well, I really don't. I'm just so moved by Smokin' Gaynome's story that I felt compelled to enter myself into the running in an effort to increase his odds. Is that legal?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
I deserve this because, well, I really don't. I'm just so moved by Smokin' Gaynome's story that I felt compelled to enter myself into the running in an effort to increase his odds. Is that legal?
thats so nice, spice fairy! easy peesy lemon squeezy....
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
KuyasKitchen
is one Smokin' Farker

Why I deserve this ... because I ran into two little beggar girls on the street. They were 6 or 7 at the very most. Very skinny, you could see all of their ribs. Clothes were ratty. They wanted food very badly.

I asked them in broken Tagalog (Filipino) where their father was ... and then bought them each a hamburger from the little fry-stand we were next to. Then, told them to run home.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
Equipment: Weber Kettle, Stainless GOSM,
Green Super-Fast Thermapen
Equipment Wish List: Smokehouse, Backyard Brick Pit with Lechon Spit
KuyasKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

I think we can do better than three entries.....

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

I derserve this because if I can't have any of that fantastic ground Angus you have, then by golly, I want the Tony C's.................and also because the one I have in the spice rack is one shake away from running out. How's that?
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
Meat Burner

Why I deserve this...cause I am just a nice guy..well, most of the time. The exception is trying to really be positive, helpful, and willing to learn from all the brothers and sisters here on the forum all the time. Also, I would really like to try some good creole seasoning spice on my hillbilly friends here in SW Missouri. I promise to use and enjoy it and post pics!!!!

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is this still open?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...

I deserve this because I took my four teenage boys to DisneyLand and California Adventure over the Christmas Holidays. That in an of itself has to be a qualifying event, but; I did not kill them, myself, or anyone else, AND, I brought them all home with me.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Meat Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dweller View Post
I deserve this because I took my four teenage boys to DisneyLand and California Adventure over the Christmas Holidays. That in an of itself has to be a qualifying event, but; I did not kill them, myself, or anyone else, AND, I brought them all home with me.
That IS really impressive!

NB Bandera with mods
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ

Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
redaub
Knows what a fatty is.

I deserve this because I transported my Mother-In-Law from NJ to CT and spent Christmas week with her before redepositing her back in NJ.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
Meat Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaub View Post
I deserve this because I transported my Mother-In-Law from NJ to CT and spent Christmas week with her before redepositing her back in NJ.
Chit, another good one!

NB Bandera with mods
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ

Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I deserve this because I had to give a special card to my MIL to basically apologize for being mad at her. First off, I wasn't even mad at her. My MIL pisses my wife off like you wouldn't believe, all the farking time. My wife will not stand up for herself and say no to her EVER. This time, about a week before X-mas, my MIL brings my kids home around 8:30am after our night out on the town, waking up my wife so she can gripe at her about not getting the kids new bed set up yet (It's supposed to be an X-mas present and not there until X-mas duh!) and that if she doesn't ahve the old bed out by noon she's coming back and getting "ME" to help her so it(now I'm being recruited).

Needless to say my wife was miffed. She comes back and wakes me up to gripe about how much her mother pisses her off (AGAIN, been hearing this 4EVER), so I finally put my foot down and tell her she is going to tell her mother today that she is not OK with this (my wife is in therapy about this crap for crying out loud). Needless to say my wife starts finding every reason in the book to chicken the fark out, things like "Christmas is next week, she spent a lot of money on us" and crap like this. I told her, fark the presents, we don't need 'em, you need to deal with your mother.

So she did. And guess what? It was all MY FAULT. It became how I was so pissed off she better not come back in the house because I'm so pissed she doesn't know what I'm going to do, and that she is letting her know she crossed so many line and is telling her this because I am so angry about it all.

First off, I was not pleased, but "I" was not the one angry at the MIL. I was the one trying to help my wife deal with her life issues and helping her finally stand up to her mother.

So we go the rest of the week leading up to X-mas. with MIL thinking I hate her guts (we get along real well actually, lucky me), and that if she even looks at me cross-eyed I will call off Christmas. Oh, I forgot to mention. My wife told her I was ready to call of Christmas over the whole deal. I never said that. I simply said we don't need the presents and that she shoudl not let her mother hold gifts over her head as a weapon of guilt.

So here I am the farking Grinch of X-mas this year, and when we go over there, I of course have to find a sappy arse Hallmark card and gush and give her this to patch things up because of me and my big blow up!

FARK!

I think I shoudl ahve posted this in the fark thread instead.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote