Baked Potatos on the Smoker

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Have a wedding were doing this weekend that is wanting baked and mashed potatos for 300. Taking mashers for 150 because they wanted half and half.
My question to those on the list is with baked potatos I was thinking of cooking them on the pit in foil drizzled in olive oil Do any of you have a better way of doing this from experience.

when i do potatoes i scrub them down and while they are still wet put a good amount of kosher salt on them. they go right on the grill like that. the salt is supposed to help draw the moister out of the potato and makes them super fluffy. no foil needed.

I wash em, poke holes in them with a fork, rub em with oil and throw on the smoker at 225 for about 4 hours. Rotate once.

I clean them, fork them, brush them with melted butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and right on the grill, no foil needed.

I wash them, salt them and hit them with a small amount of garlic salt and onion powder. Then smoke for 3 hours-ish, turning 2-3 times.

If we use foil for smoking potatoes then we put on a double layer. Then when we serve them we take off the smoky outer layer of foil to serve them with a nice clean layer.

Back