• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Injector and Butcher Paper Holder Projects - Pics

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Completed two little projects today. First one was a mod to a mason jar top to hold the tube from my autofill injector. Some people clamp the tube to the edge of the container. I wanted something a little more secure. I drilled a hole in the lid and inserted a rubber grommet to keep from cutting the tube. I also drilled a vent hole. I will just move the lid to whatever mason jar of injection I need.

The second project was a holder for my butcher paper roll. I didn't want to spend $25 for a dispenser, so I took a pair of $6 sawhorse brackets and some spare wood and fabbed up a holder. Not too shabby.

I hope these give some others ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 195
The autofill is great. Several positives: it is faster than a syringe type, you can vary the amount injected with each pull of the trigger, and since you don't dip the needle in the injection to refill, there is almost no chance of contaminating the remaining injection.

It'll change your life (well sort of:tongue:)

Come by at the next comp we're both doing and you can try my demo unit.

Much appreciated! You know me, I'll take you up on that offer!

I am going to need something like the auto-fill as I have to start cooking more than 1 item in the pork and brisket category. So far, all I have cooked is 1 pork butt and 1 brisket in comps. Even my wife is telling me that I need to cook 2 of each and pick from them when turn-in time comes around.

I am not sure, but the way it looks now, the next comp will be Sam's in Laurel, MD. You going to be there?

The autofill is great. Several positives: it is faster than a syringe type, you can vary the amount injected with each pull of the trigger, and since you don't dip the needle in the injection to refill, there is almost no chance of contaminating the remaining injection.

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of not "double dipping" in the juice as I usually bring a bunch more than needed and hate to waste it.

wallace

I have been thinking about getting an auto inject...Mike- we'll be judging Laurel Fri night and Sat..would love a demo.

Much appreciated! You know me, I'll take you up on that offer!

I am going to need something like the auto-fill as I have to start cooking more than 1 item in the pork and brisket category. So far, all I have cooked is 1 pork butt and 1 brisket in comps. Even my wife is telling me that I need to cook 2 of each and pick from them when turn-in time comes around.

I am not sure, but the way it looks now, the next comp will be Sam's in Laurel, MD. You going to be there?

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of not "double dipping" in the juice as I usually bring a bunch more than needed and hate to waste it.

wallace
We'll be in Laurel, stop on by.

Back