SS autopsy table frame...

BobBrisket

Reaction score
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/art/629516518.html

I'm thinking I might get this if he still has it tomorrow. I'm thinking about some nice wood slats on the bottom and then half way on the top. The part on top will have a circular cutout to drop in the kettle. Then the WSM will sit on the bottom shelf and poke through the top of the the table that doesn't have slats. What do you guys think? THis will also give me some storage area for wood, coal, chimmney, etc. I might even be able to do a prep/cutting board area.
For the welders--I'm thinking wood cause I've never welded SS. How is welding SS different? Do I need special rods? I'm assuming I can't weld regular steel to it right? I would need to weld SS to SS. That could get expensive. Therefore the idea for going with wood.

That has alot of great possibility. For that price, why don't yo already have it home??? You can weld reg steel to stainless. You do need special rods for stainless. when you weld reg steel to stainless you just have to use the stainless rods same as if welding SS to SS.

even i am not sick enough to get something like that, bad karma

even i am not sick enough to get something like that, bad karma

I figure the table has already had dead meat on it, so what's a brisket or a butt. LOL!!

I think the BBQ ghosts will be happy to see it have a new life!

If I wasn't at work, I'd have it already. And thanks for the welding answers. I'll just score some SS welding rods. I only need to use the welder for the cross supports. Maybe I can pry some more expando from my father in law and use it on the bottom as the slatting.

An autopsy BBQ table - I'd have to give that some serious thought!

Either way it's a table for holding meat. Bleah!

There used to be a restaurant in Los Gatos, CA called the Chart House. It was a funeral home before being turned into a restaurant. I never could work up the nerve to go there.

I figure, worst case scenario I'll turn it into the welding table I've been wanting. I'm not superstitious that way. Heck, we all on our way to a table!!:twisted:

I almost bought a restaurant table a ways back but the guy wanted too much for em. This frame would be perfect. I'm even thinking about a nice kitchen counter top. I could even trim briskets with a scalpel and cut ribs with pruning shears just like they do with rib cages. Fark, I am a sick puppy!!:wink:

Stainless can weld easily depending on what it is. What method of welding are we talking? Tig will give you the best results followed by mig. It will weld nicely with a stick but usually the wilds will show corrosion if left unpainted. The main thing is use quality filler rod.

Jeff

Jeff,

I'll be using a stick welder. The only welding I need to do is for the box shaped frame for holding up the kettle and for supporting the planks that will need to be cut out. All those welds won't even show but I'll be sure to spot paint to keep the rust at bay.

Here's what I'm thinking. Please provide input if you guys think I can simplify it. I spoke to the seller and get this..........it was his wife's idea to use the table. Anyway, here's one of my famous Paint blueprints.
Tell me what you guys think.
2387102811_bf6187c0ae_o.jpg

I hope it doesn't turn into an episode of "The Twilight Zone"

Looks cool. I have been looking for the top of one of these to use as a holding spot for a full pig smoke.

Sorry - no can do.... gives me the willies just thinking about it.

My brother's wife works at a hospital. My brother has some very peculiar looking SS tables and wheeled carts. My favorite is his carving table with a sloped surface and drain. I ask no questions.

Back