Butcher in Dallas area??

georgiasmoke

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I was wanting to see if any of my fellow brethren that live in or around the Dallas/Fort Worth area know of any reputable butchers. I would prefer to find one north of Dallas since that's where I live, but if it's quality, then I would consider driving further. Thanks.

Just read about a few in Fort Worth magazine.

Roy pope grocery
Texas heritage beef

Copy that on Hirsch's. Ok, it's not cheap - but you get what you pay for and if you sign up for their newsletter you'll receive weekly specials. The people there are so good, I can't say enough.

Not a comp guy, but entering one this weekend. I was looking at ribs and asked if they had any with straighter bones. Next thing, they bring out cases from the back and a young counter lady and one of the butchers are sorting through it with me. For me, personally, it's about the best meat shop I've ever shopped at.

I've used Hirsch's Meat Market and Rudolph's (http://rudolphsmarket.com/). I recently started getting meat from www.localyocalfarmtomarket.com which is more organic and natural. Depends on what you are wanting to spend and what you are after.

If you are wanting good place with good price on meat there is also Restaurant Depot in our area - Plano. I've also gone to Costco and Sams's club.

Hit me up if you have questions. I pretty much mapped out the meat in our area.

Example: Sams for Bone in Pork Butt as Costco does not carry bone in.

I've used Hirsch's Meat Market and Rudolph's (http://rudolphsmarket.com/). I recently started getting meat from www.localyocalfarmtomarket.com which is more organic and natural. Depends on what you are wanting to spend and what you are after.

If you are wanting good place with good price on meat there is also Restaurant Depot in our area - Plano. I've also gone to Costco and Sams's club.

Hit me up if you have questions. I pretty much mapped out the meat in our area.

Example: Sams for Bone in Pork Butt as Costco does not carry bone in.

+1 for both Rudolph's and Local Yocal. I usually go to Rudolphs, and have had great meat from them. I have only gotten Wagyu at Local Yocal, but it was darn good.

Local Yocal, Hirsch's Meat I know for sure carry Wagyu

+1 for Hirsch's, and they definitely sell Wagyu. The staff there is super helpful and nice. If there is something you want that is not stocked, they will normally be able to special order it for you (and not charge an arm and a leg). You just missed a Wagyu sale a couple of weeks ago. They were doing 20% off Wagyu.

Back