Team Names

G

GratefulSmoker

What's your team name and how did you come up with it? Thanks!

Moondance BBQ - Moondance by Van Morrison is my wife's favorite romantic song. It was our wedding song. It was an idea my old cooking partner gave me when we went our separate ways. As my wife will be my new cooking partner I thought she would like that gesture, and it fits an all night smoker like me. My pit is the Midnight Special.

Smokin' Blues BBQ..........I love Smokin' and I love the Blues there were 5 different names I wrote on a pc of paper and had everyone at work vote and this was it.

Juicy Butts,,,,,,well,,,err,,,I had some Gastro Work several yrs,,,,,never mind,,hehehehe,,,,, :)

Moonswiners.. Tried for months to find a name that kinda fit with Kentucky, and horse cookers wouldn't work... but at one time Ky. had over 3,000 moonshine stills and one night about to fall asleep, this name hit me. Took moonshine and threw a pig at it.

MooCow, We asked the then 2 1/2 year old what we should name daddy's BBQ team and he said without hesitation "MooCow". He is 4 now and a full fledged member.

Attachments

• IMGP2453.jpg
    IMGP2453.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 336
butthead bbq, if you get called something enough times it sticks in your head:mrgreen:

ButtsandBreastts. We visited the Tryon festival for several years and thought that we should cook Boston Butts and Chicken Breasts. We later added a second T to breasts just because we liked it!

When I had my team it was named "Dazed and Confused BBQ", named after my love of the Grateful Dead. My catering company is named "Fairway BBQ" because of being a professional golfer, best of both worlds!

Mustang Sally Tailgating found it's name from our local college team (Mustangs), we tailgate at every game, a little Wilson Pickett on the CD player, and most importantly a number of empty bottles of wine and a bon fire.

Our team name pulls together a few elements.

Captain Ron's; My name is Ron (doh!) and I enjoy boating and am the captain on our regular houseboat vacations on Lake Cumberland, KY. Plus, one of my favorite movies is Captain Ron with Kurt Russel and Martin Short.

Brew; This is a bit of a double entendre... We all enjoy a nice cold beer with our BBQ, so most folks assume that Brew refers to beer, but those who know me (or read my signature :-D) know that my other hobby is coffee and coffee roasting, so the primary meaning of Brew is coffee.

-n-Que; I hope this part is obvious :rolleyes:

in a drunken stuper, JR became JayAre...then I started Q'n, and then competing,,, the name was obvious...JayAre-B-Q...

Family Tradition BBQ is the family team name used when with cousins, wife, FIL, etc. It also shows a bit of love for Bocephus.

Smokers Purgatory - When they changed the law in Iowa allowing smoking in bars, then promptly apealed it. One of the TV guys was interviewing a guy smoking outside the bar and how he hoped the apeal would go through. The guy said "But until then everyone is stuck out here in smokers purgatory". I thought it was funny and with the lack of a Grand Champion in 10 years of compeating, we feel like we are stuck in smokers purgatory.

We wanted something to identify with our home town. There's a creek flowing through town called "Big Creek". Because of this, in town here, there is a Big Creek Shopping Center, a Big Creek Kennel, a Big Creek Garden Center, a Big Creek Baptist Church and a Big Creek Country Music Show. There may be more. Anyway, we thought of all sorts of things to incorporate a hill (Pleasant Hill) but liked none of them. So Big Creek BBQ it was. Not very original I guess but I liked the sound of it and if I open a restaurant here one day, I'll use the name since I registered it with the Secretary of State!

We had tossed around a lot of names ("In my belly bbq") but none seemed to stick.

"Smokin' Scotsmen" was Tonto's idea - she woke up from a dead sleep with that name on her mind. My dad, a proud Scotsman, had passed shortly before and the team name seemed just right.

By the way, one of our favorates is "Whiskey, women and wibs" - young team that we met at a cooking class. Would love to hear how that name came about :icon_blush:

By the way, one of our favorates is "Whiskey, women and wibs" - young team that we met at a cooking class. Would love to hear how that name came about :icon_blush:

Who was the head cook? Elmer Fudd? :biggrin:

elmer-fudd-f12-2.gif

Came up with Smokers Inc. about 12 years ago....when
I started cooking cookoffs...

Just wanted something simple when filling out contest entry forms...

Hope someday to have enough post to list it here on the Brethren forum..:-D

ps one of the better team names Ive heard comes from a older retired couple...Winnings More Fun...always makes me smile

Back