Favorite ways to reheat leftover pork butt/brisket?

chobint

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have tried:
1) Grilling it (amazing for sammiches)
2) Roasting in oven in a pan full of fruit juice, vinegar, hot sauce, etc...
3) Microwaving with rice/potatoes and veggies

Just looking for something interesting to do with the relatively large amounts of leftover meat I have after a big smoke...

Pulled pork filled waffles??

Anybody tried omlets, pizza, etc? Brisket topped pizza sure sounds good.

I saw where someone made eggrolls form pulled pork and cabbage. That it the next thing I want to try with leftovers.

Brisket or pulled pork on pizza is indeed good stuff! I have some brisket points left over from the Paul Kirk class that I will be turning turning into a pot of chili.

The first step is to take any dish you would normally add meat to, and replace it with leftover BBQ meat. Then start adding it to things you normally might not think to add meat in just to change things up a bit.

I'm not being a smart-arse either. I'm quite serious. The list of things is just so long. I have tried all of the things mentioned above (except the waffles); omelettes, pizza, eggrolls. Then there's also chili, hash, spaghetti, lasagna, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, nachos, beans, gumbo, soups, stews, you name it basically.

Try Brisket Pretzels

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

I've done the omelet, pizza and waffles....all awesome! Calzones, chili verde and the obligatory BBQ nachos or pulled pork cheese fries are great. Some BBQ lasagna or a BBQ shepherds pie is good stuff too. :-D

Thanks for the great suggestions. I can't believe I forgot about chili and mexican food!

That settles it then, pulled pork chili this weekend, brisket pizza the next and pulled pork tacos/enchilladas after! Egg rolls also sound awesome, b/c they're made with pork hash anyhow.

Also, I forgot about burnt ends. Lovee me some burnt ends make from leftovers.

LOL I will send over my 15 and 11 y/o. They will take care of the issue. If there too much I will add linemen from their football teams. Had them over a few times and they wiped us out . Never seen so much food being consumed. I think it was a plot by their parents to send them over to eat.

Take the brisket and slice it up... Cook it up with some onions and peppers and make Fajitas... Amazing!

Brisket tacos are on the menu of several really good TexMex restaurants down here. I often make black beans with my BBQ. Those can be mashed up in a blender, and used with the brisket to make really good soft tacos.

Back