MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #121
Smoker34
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_kc View Post
People weren't offended until you started telling them that they had cars on blocks in their yard, and were a blight on their neighborhood. City laws and ordinances are one thing, but that isn't what you initially inquired about.

I'm sure you didn't think this would take off like this. Heck, I thought it was a silly questions when it started, and it's still silly. However, your deflection of your involvement in keeping this thread going and contributing to people's anger speaks volumes about you and calls into question your own self-analysis.

I'm not angry, I don't see any reason to be angry about a guy that clearly has lived in the kind of neighborhoods I probably wouldn't be allowed or appreciated in - or happy in, for that matter. You do you, but when you insinuate that the decidedly middle class neighborhood I live in, and the lives we live are trash, well, I see why people would take it that way.
I know and love people from all socioeconomic levels, and I’ve never seen any of them doing this. So I’ll just have to assume it’s a regional cultural thing. Have a nice weekend.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #122
frankenfab
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Franklin

https://youtu.be/QNCM8IjtQ-o
frankenfab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #123
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

I'll save Jersey here. I smoke in the front of my house regularly because my big orange/blue Humphreys is 325lbs and cant get it to the back with my other smokers. I live in a "free range" neighborhood where we all hang out a lot. Our kids play in the street. We walk around with drinks in the street. We have fire pits regularly. My version of NJ is a cool place.

Old 02-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #124
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker34 View Post
Well it seems some here have gotten offended and angry by my question, which is a legitimate question for me because I've NEVER seen anyone grilling and hanging out in a hammock in front of his/her house. Anger and offense over this speaks volumes about those who are angry and offended and calls into question their own self-analysis. The anger and offense only applies to a few of the posters here; most were cordial and answered the question with good facts and opinions. Nonetheless, although I don't understand the whole issue, I apologize to anyone who felt offended.
The fact that you don't get that people aren't offended/angered, but poking obvious fun at a hilariously crazy post that had "hidden implications", speaks volumes about you, lol.

There's no issue here dude. So just like you don't get how people could possibly cook in their front yard (akin to never having seen Loch Ness or Big Foot).......I also am gathering you don't get sarcasm/most humor in general . You are literally the only one here who this concept is 100% foreign to which again speaks to your actual original intent..........but sure.......keep projecting with your "EVERYONE IS WRONG AND CLEARLY OFFENDED AND I AM THE CALM AND COLLECTED ONE, BUT THE ACTUAL ONLY ONE STIRRING THE POT AND IF I SAY PEOPLE ARE GETTING OFFENDED AND UPSET I WIN".......man that is the oldest trick in the "internet arguement" book. It's like the older sibling being an ass saying "stop being so mad", when in fact no one is mad......you are just trying to make people made........again because that was your intent.

You clearly don't get it or else you wouldn't keep "coming back to the well" when you swear you are going away . You're the one taking this too seriously

Quote:
I know and love people from all socioeconomic levels, and I’ve never seen any of them doing this. So I’ll just have to assume it’s a regional cultural thing. Have a nice weekend.
The fact that you had to come back and clarify with this statement is also hilarious

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #125
Norm
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Private

The only thing I do in my front yard is have a stand set up for selling waygu brisket... I assume this is acceptable?
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 03:52 PM   #126
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
No, you obviously don't if you've never seen anyone doing it.

Do you live in a gated neighborhood? Ever been to a football tailgate? Ever seen a grown man naked?

Old 02-28-2020, 03:56 PM   #127
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
No, you obviously don't if you've never seen anyone doing it.

Do you live in a gated neighborhood? Ever been to a football tailgate? Ever seen a grown man naked?
...something something gladiators and Turkish prisons?
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #128
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Now the whole socioeconomic thing get's dragged into this and I'm left wondering if my choice of polished chrome wheels with matching mounted spare is good enough for the driveway BBQ scene?

Anyone more cultured care to weigh in on this?

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #129
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
no, you obviously don't if you've never seen anyone doing it.

dPRUJ.jpg

Old 02-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #130
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

This has been a hoot- really. A lesson on how much we are the same but still different in some ways. (I would not have tossed that bit in about "I know and love people from all socioeconomic levels" - yeaaah. - noooo"

I won't post anything else on this. I have 2 fingers of good whisky over 1 ice cube and a grill getting hot... in my back yard. I'd do it in the front but my neighbors are enjoying a VERY spirited game of Corn Hole- I'm ready for some peace and quiet after a long week.

Be well and smoke on.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #131
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
...something something gladiators and Turkish prisons?

Old 02-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #132
Smoker34
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuco59 View Post
This has been a hoot- really. A lesson on how much we are the same but still different in some ways. (I would not have tossed that bit in about "I know and love people from all socioeconomic levels" - yeaaah. - noooo"

I won't post anything else on this. I have 2 fingers of good whisky over 1 ice cube and a grill getting hot... in my back yard. I'd do it in the front but my neighbors are enjoying a VERY spirited game of Corn Hole- I'm ready for some peace and quiet after a long week.

Be well and smoke on.
Someone took this whole thing way too far and suggested that I was implying he/she is trash. Thus, that statement is not only true, but was apparently necessary based on that suggestion.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #133
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

I like to cook naked and it attracts more attention in the front yard
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #134
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

Run along now El Luchador. Happy cooking and be safe until next tme.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #135
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Someone took this whole thing way too far and suggested that I was implying he/she is trash. Thus, that statement is not only true, but was apparently necessary based on that suggestion.
My best advice to you is forget about this thread. Don't read it or post here again. It will eventually go away.