Winner of the BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - My California BBQ" Throwdown is...

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
[size=+2]JiveTurkey!!![/size]

This is JiveTurkey's first appearance in the BBQ Brethren Hall of Flame!

As winner of the BBQ Brethren Special "My California BBQ" Throwdown, JiveTurkey receives....

1) A special suprise package!

2) The Official BBQ Brethren Throwdown Certificate!
Just PM me with the name you wish displayed on your certificate, the name you want your dish called, and the email address you want the certificate mailed to.

[size=+2]2010 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Hall of Flame[/size]

[size=+2]Special - My California BBQ - JiveTurkey[/size]
View the Entry Thread - View the Voting Thread
1562615_JiveTurkey.jpg

[size=+2]Week 9 - By Brethren For Brethren - R2Egg2Q[/size]
1558232_R2Egg2Q.jpg

[size=+2]Week 8 - Lamb - Gore and Phrasty[/size]
1550440_Gore.jpg

1554037_Phrasty.jpg

[size=+2]Week 7 - Food You Eat With Your Hands - h00kemh0rns[/size]
1539984_h00kemh0rns.jpg

[size=+2]Week 6 - Chinese New Year - R2Egg2Q[/size]
1530409_R2Egg2Q.jpg

[size=+2]Week 5 - Pick the 4th Ingredient - zydecopaws[/size]
1527712_zydecopaws.jpg

[size=+2]Week 4 - Pub Grub - Gore and ecode[/size]
1520652_Gore.jpg

1516545_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Week 3 - Feast of the Hobo - Something Cooked from the Can - ecode[/size]
1514383_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Week 2 - Nouveau Quisine - landarc[/size]
1505517_landarc.jpg

[size=+2]Week 1 - New Years Traditions - bluetang[/size]
1499668_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]View the 2010 Hall of Fame[/size]

[size=+2]View the 2009 Hall of Fame[/size]

Cool, my first throwdown too! I hope everybody who voted for me has their wildest dreams come true. You all have my word: Pedro offers you his protection.

Great win Turkey! I knew I didn't stand a chance, but thought Chris might give you a run. Absolutely loved the receipt, too.

I can't begin to express the irony with which I see JT won the California Throw down :becky:

Hey a Californian had to win the California throwdown! I don't get the irony though. Over my head but it's early and I'm just starting on my first cup of coffee. Maybe it will hit me later.

Because of all the Brethren from CA that I know, you are the one who most wants out. And you work in San Francisco and live smack dab in the middle of the state. Thom at least lives within striking distance of not in this state. :becky: I jest JT, I know you don't really hate CA, just most of the people who run the place.

Back on the late 90's I had it with CA and decided I wanted out. I got my wish and moved to Colorado. Loved it there even though "native" Coloradan's looked down their nose at "California transplants" (don't get me started on that one). Being gone helped give me perspective and I saw CA in a new light that I was not able to see while I was there. Family reasons forced me to move back and I now have a new appreciation for this place. It is a wonderful state and sometimes when I start thinking that I can't wait to leave I correct myself and say F that, I was born and raised here, it's the dirtbags in Sac that need leave. They ruined my state, get the fark out.

So when the chance to do the throwdown came up I took great pride in showing the rest of the country not just regular BBQ but something unique to CA that can be made on the grill. Cioppino was born and raised in CA too and it was fun to cook it while my sisters laughed at me for putting so much effort just to take a pic of it. They don't get it. I'm glad you all do!

"just when I thought I was out.... they pull me back in" :p

Well, it wasn't just for a photo, it couldn't have been that bad to eat that bowl of cioppino.

Back