MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #61
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Well I'm just about out of the pound of smoked jap powder from this batch, might have a few tablespoons left...

Someone told me they had seen whole chipotle pods in the mexican spices section, so I looked and sure enough El Guapo has these - http://www.mexgrocer.com/44989-33210.html
I bought a pkg and ground them up and I have to say, they are pretty close to the peppers I made - not nearly as smokey, but overall pretty good! The ground powder was more of a brown color with only a very very faint reddish tint to it.

I paid close to $4 for a 1.5oz pkg... Crap! I'd go broke!

Looked around and found these guys - http://stores.ebay.com/CHEFCUBE-Gour...=p4634.c0.m322

I've ordered a 1lb pkg for less than $20 with shipping - I'll letcha know what I think of them when they arrive!

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #62
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Well, I used some home smoked peps and the 1lb pkg of the purchased ones and it's lasted me right up till a month ago... started it all again today.

I bout 15lbs of japs a couple weeks ago and then got sick and then horribly unmotivated... they sat for a bit, but that gave some of them a chance to start changing color... a little shriveling occurred but not too bad, only lost a few peppers.

Kept them on cookie sheets for the past week so they wouldn't get soggy on me.

Sliced up in quarters and into the cajun bandit with the water pan foiled and a single layer snake of charcoal and mesq chunks.

There Guerry, ya happy now????? =P

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz

Old 01-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #63
Ackman
Full Fledged Farker

What temps u running at to go that long--?

deguerre--do you have a recipe for that sauce around this site?
WSM 18"
CookShack SM025
Lang 36
BWS Extended Party
Humphrey's Battle Box and matching Pint
Ackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #64
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

I try and keep temp 75-100. trouble I have is keeping a low fire like that going... it's been between 15 and 20° out and the chain of briqs doesn't always want to stay lit.