MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #16
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Yeah it seems Chopped is fairly legit. I know there was a fellow on here that went on it fairly recently.

I was just very disenchanted when I learned that on Iron Chef they know what the mystery ingredient is (out of a few options). I thought i'd read that they get a practice round but I can't find anything on that now.
That I'm not surprised as those are entire teams that have to cook that meal. The teams are running way too flawlessly for it to be an impromptu meal.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

I enjoy Master Chef and I really enjoy Master Chef Jr. Since I don't have cable/satellite and only get one channel (Fox) that has any cooking shows I had better like Master Chef. For some reason I always miss Hell's Kitchen.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:24 PM   #18
rob g
Full Fledged Farker

I can't confirm Master Chef but Master Chef Canada is all scripted from who is fighting with who and who is going home each week. A buddy of mine knows one of the cooks that competed on the show a couple years ago. They were told which person they were to fight with and which person to befriend. They were given the weekly recipe the week before. The person going home wasn't given the recipe. It's all made for TV tripe.
rob g is online now   Reply With Quote