MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default I made some Green Chili w/pron.

I usually make my green chili with chicken and canned green chile's. I switched it up a little bit this time. I did use some leftover chicken from the bird I spatched the night before.

This time I added some pork to the recipe. I got some country style ribs or sliced pork butt. Rubbed it with some foil hat.

and smoked it for a few hours until it was tender but not falling apart. I eventually cubed this up as well.

The rest of the ingredients were diced onion, a few cloves of garlic, some Anaheim chile's that I roasted, chicken broth, mexican oregano, and some of this Hatch Green Chile powder that I picked up over at Da Gift Basket while I was shopping for some foil hat ingredients. Oh, and some beans Great Northern and Cannellini.

It came out great, could of used some more heat, but hey the wife loved it.

On game day I call it Eagles chili, and it must have been a good luck charm because the Giants missed the field goal, not once, but twice.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Ooh that looks good.
DerHusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
colonel00

Send here please
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

I want that now!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

i make a very similar chicken chili/soup with great northern beans and cilantro and i love it. i've never smoked the chicken though, i may try it someday now. that's some good looking eats ya got there!!!

edit: you've just made my mind on what i'm gonna cook this weekend.

Last edited by chriscw81; 10-03-2012 at 06:49 PM..
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

I also like a chili Verde with pork. But I add some fire roasted tomatillos to the mix, along with the best mix of fresh peppers I can find fir the season, also fire roasted

But I'd hit a bowl of that for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Boshizzle

Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #8
Phubar

Well...I just Phinished my lunch but can go for a bowl of that!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Bigdog

Man that looks great! if you want some real good heat, find some Hatch green chilies. Fresh roasted are the best but frozen chopped ones are also good. Just don't use that crap they sell in the can.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #10
Bluebird
is one Smokin' Farker

You did good, looks delicious!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
buccaneer

Bee oo tiful work!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
gtr

It has never occurred to me to make green chili - until now! That looks and sounds great - thanks for putting that up!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Man that looks great! if you want some real good heat, find some Hatch green chilies. Fresh roasted are the best but frozen chopped ones are also good. Just don't use that crap they sell in the can.

Thanks Bigdog, I would love to find some Hatch chile's, but it seems so farking expensive to get them shipped out here. The green chile powder I got came in two varieties, mild and hot. I guess I should've gotten the hot. Maybe next time. On the plus side it did have great flavor.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
Mexi "Q" Tioner
Full Fledged Farker

Nice looking chile verde

Old 10-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
Westexbbq

Nicely done, great recipe.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote