First Brisket Ever

jeffsee, how did you determine that it was done cooking??

I'm sure you heard it before, but if you use a probe (thermometer probe, pocket thermo, ice pick, etc.) and you can slide the probe into the meat with little resistance at around 190* or so (like butta), you have achieved the tenderness you are searching for.

jeffsee, how did you determine that it was done cooking??

I'm sure you heard it before, but if you use a probe (thermometer probe, pocket thermo, ice pick, etc.) and you can slide the probe into the meat with little resistance at around 190* or so (like butta), you have achieved the tenderness you are searching for.

Oh....I know. The usual problem occurred. My wife didn't want to wait an additional hour or so. Honestly, I nailed the taste. I will do the same method next time and just ignore her.

Took the leftovers into school today. Set the crock pot on low for about three hours. English department had some and liked it. Gave the last of it to my students. They loved it-I might finally get the apple wood I've been having trouble locating.

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Looks great and heck yeah...try a chuckie if she wants more beef flavor. You will not be disappointed!

Back