First Brisket with pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks very good. What did you rub with?
i used meatheads rub from www.amazingribs.com but it was a little peppery for me.
That is a good looking brisket:thumb: Are you sure that was your first?:becky:
I promise this is first brisket i have ever done and i was nervous as hell about how it was going to turn out. Thanks for the compliments

Great lookin brisket!! Did you mop it with something? The "bark" on the top looks really, really good! :clap2:
No i didn't mop it, i didn't even spritz it. i think foiling it when it reached 165 and adding some of the injection marinade in with it helped alot.

Looks great!

I hope it wasn't those prescription meds that made it so good! :crazy: (Hillbilly Heroin Mod)
HaHaHa. No those are my 9 year old german shepards ********l. just found out last week she has a tumor the size of a softball in her liver. Yes she did get a good helpling of brisket also. Man i love that dog.

Thanks guys for all your help in this brisket. I just wish i could have shared it with you all. I done a lot of reading and searching this forum to come up with what i thought would work, and it really did work. Again Thanks you guys, you as a Bretheren have helped me take my cooking to a whole new level!!!!

That is a great looking brisket. I gotta inject my next one. So far only done two, and one I had to pull early because of time restraints and finish in the oven. Anxious to do a third.

First or twenty first, anyone would be proud to serve that brisket. Looks nice and moist, has a great smoke ring and bark. Congratulations on a great cook!:thumb::clap:

Ohhh that looks Smackin' Goot... Sorry to hear about your pup. Glad she got her share too... Cheers!!!

What did you inject it with?
I injected it with a mixture of beef broth, water, soy sauce and teryaki baste and glaze, heated it up to blend all the flavors and let it cool to room temp before i injected it. then let it sit over night. Pretty much the same thing i do for a pot roast in crock pot.

Looks fantastick! Was that a choice or select packer?
It was a choice that i had the butcher hand pick and trim at Sams Club. Im over there every Saturday Morning and all ways talk to the same guy. I tell ya, buttering them up really helps to get the better meats.

what type of smoker did you use?
The smoker I used it the a Charbroil double door that has had major mods done to it. Sealed all doors, chimney and firebox, lined chamber with firebrick, horizon 16" convection plate, extended the chimney (redone the extension so its different from pic), charcoal basket with a single baffle in middle and used Hickory, apple and charcoal. Held Steady at 220-225 degrees and basket of charcoal lasted about 5-6 hours before i started adding more fuel.
IMG_7662.jpg

Horizon convection Plate
IMG_7666.jpg

These are the ribs i done the weekend before so you can see that i shortened the chimney to just come down to the grate and it works a whole lot better. bottom pic is the ribs after they were done for 6 hours.
IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

That is some amazing looking stuff!!
I like your idea to extend the chimney. That forces the smoke back down to the lower portion of the grill before it can go up the chimney. Another means of circulating the smoke!! Great idea!

Back