FEC Help???

H

House

Hey guys - getting ready to leave for a comp in the morning and fired up the FEC100 just to clean it out and check everything. Good thing, because I can only get the temp up to 94! Restarted it and same thing. Cleaned out the pellets and restarted it and same thing again. The auger is making a pretty wierd noise like its not turning correctly.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

just a shot but make sure the auger is not plugged moister can cause the pellets to expand and then kinda get to be a hard clump just my 2 cents hope you fix it fec is a great unit

Is it dropping pellets into the pot?

My guess is a plugged up auger.

yep, sounds like a plugged auger....

Or..

when you clean it out, do you vaccum the pot, our just spoon it out?
If you just spoon it, ash could be going into the air holes, and filling the area around the pot... restricting airflow and keeping you at a smolder. You might try to vac out the pellet pot completely, if you usually dont.

Is the auger turning? Could be the pin that pins the auger to the motor.

Could also be that the screws that hold your motor to the mount may be loose. That's happened to me once.

Is the auger turning? Could be the pin that pins the auger to the motor.

Could also be that the screws that hold your motor to the mount may be loose. That's happened to me once.

Plowboy has loose screws.... pass it on.

I think I fixed it but won't know till later today. I took the shop vac and cleaned it out really good. The auger was turning and it was igniting, but the little air hole in the fire pot was clogged, so I hope that was the problem.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Back