I didnt have the heart to tell her it was liver!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My 13 y/o daughter was just trying to help. I asked her yesterday to go to the basement freezer and get some (Not for BobbyB) Black Angus steaks. I was paying attention and she came up with an unmarked package. The label prolly fell off in the freezer They did look like steaks. She did a cool water rinse to thaw. Great! Then I open the package and knew then what they were. Didnt say a word just rubbed them and grilled hot and fast quickly. She does not eat much meat so I didnt want to turn her off. She told me she liked them and would eat more steak now!:shock:

You have heard of karma, haven't you? Hopefully someone doesn't offer you lamb fries and fails to tell you what they really are...:shock:

You have heard of karma, haven't you? Hopefully someone doesn't offer you lamb fries and fails to tell you what they really are...:shock:

Or, Rocky Mountain Oysters.:shocked:

Oh boy, I'm in trouble for the crap I've sprung on my boys then!:shock:

Why bigabite...........;}-

Did they get sick or ask what it was:wink:? No problem then,now go for Tongue and Heart:thumb:.Those innards are good stuff:becky:
Have fun,Stan
and...

The only thing I've sprung on my sons was SPAM. They both do not like SPAM, or claim to not like it. There have been a few times I have made things using SPAM that they have tried and wound up liking it!:laugh: However, I did always fess up to it. When I did that double burger with a slice of SPAM, my 15 year old tried one too and liked it. The next day he asked for a regular SPAMburger and didn't like it!:laugh: So now he's back to not liking SPAM I guess.:loco: I've also given them things with stuff like onions or other such things that they "can't stand". In those cases I rarely fessed up to it...and maybe that will come back to haunt me!:shock:

I think I might try rumaki next! They can be all bad there wrapped in BACON!!!!!!!! Made the 100's of times in my cooking career.... (retired)

well, they were Black Angus (liver) Steaks. :)

Glad she liked them and found another food she likes (as long as you keep the labels off)

See you Wed....???

well, they were Black Angus (liver) Steaks. :)

Glad she liked them and found another food she likes (as long as you keep the labels off)

See you Wed....???

Maybe chunk them up wrap in bacon with a water chestnut and call them Blrumaki!!!:becky::becky::idea:

A number of years ago I belonged to a bow club and we would have an "Annual" hunt, which was more of a social event than anything but one year I happened to get a nice 4X4. So that morning I sliced, floured & fried the heart and seasoned it with Lawary's Season Salt. One of the kids happened by & tried a piece. Loved it & tried another. Then he asked his Dad why he never made deer that good. His Dad said 'cause he never saved the heart. Kid gagged & threw up on the spot. Farkin' hilarious! Cheers!!!

Lots of iron in liver. Kids need vitamins. Good job.

A number of years ago I belonged to a bow club and we would have an "Annual" hunt, which was more of a social event than anything but one year I happened to get a nice 4X4. So that morning I sliced, floured & fried the heart and seasoned it with Lawary's Season Salt. One of the kids happened by & tried a piece. Loved it & tried another. Then he asked his Dad why he never made deer that good. His Dad said 'cause he never saved the heart. Kid gagged & threw up on the spot. Farkin' hilarious! Cheers!!!
Now THAT'S funny

Back