pooling water on canopy

Prevent it? I don't think so...but you can just poke the top with a broomstick (or your hand) every now and then to get it to run off.

I had someone tell me about filling a length of garden hose with concrete recently. They set it on the edge of the canopy with a couple of inches hanging over, creating a trough for the water to drain. I haven't tried it, or seen it myself, but it sounds like it could work.

Try running very taught bungies from the center of the top to the top of the leg in each corner...should keep the canvas from sagging.

I had someone tell me about filling a length of garden hose with concrete recently. They set it on the edge of the canopy with a couple of inches hanging over, creating a trough for the water to drain. I haven't tried it, or seen it myself, but it sounds like it could work.

Does that weight take the sage out of the canopy?

Try running very taught bungies from the center of the top to the top of the leg in each corner...should keep the canvas from sagging.
Agreed and remember to do it before it starts raining.
Because it's nearly always wet over here I Scotch Guard at the beginning of the season and again if needed. Keep the legs in the lowest position and spray the exterior while fully open then just let it dry naturally in the back yard.

i like the bungee idea. the darn things should be built with some support for the canvas like that from the start...but i digress.

what length bungee for a 10X10 do you think?

how many per side? 2?

i like the bungee idea. the darn things should be built with some support for the canvas like that from the start...but i digress.

what length bungee for a 10X10 do you think?

how many per side? 2?

I'm thinking 4 bungees around 6ft long...1 per corner. The idea is to add support where there is no rib/frame. Try to attach near the top of the canopy using existing framing and stretch it taught to the top of the leg or where ever you need to add support. :becky:

you did say that already didn't you...to the CORNERS. i flaked.

i was picturing from the top to the cross members of each side to hold up the canopy, not necessarily stretch it.

i see what you mean now.

thank you.

Back