BBQ for the Troops, Norfolk, VA - mega pron

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A big thank you for our Brethren Brother Tarheel (Roy Murray) for co-ordinating with KC Masterpiece and arranging BBQ for our Troops.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/military/bbq-shows-appreciation-for-armed-forces

BBQ shows appreciation for armed forces
NSA Norfolk provides meal not available overseas

Updated: Friday, 29 Jul 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 29 Jul 2011, 9:30 AM EDT

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - Naval Support Activity Norfolk hosted a BBQ Friday for active-duty military and their families to show appreciation for the sacrifices of the armed forces.

NSA Norfolk teamed up with KC Masterpiece and BBQ For Our Troops to share an American, home-cooked meal that the troops do not often get while they are stationed overseas, a news release from the Navy said.

BBQ For Our Troops is a charity with a mission to honor those who protect the country's freedom, their loved ones, and the hospitality of American barbecues.

KC Masterpiece donated $25,000 to the volunteers of this charity at five bases across the country.

The release said the BBQ is one way to have "a taste of home" for the forces before they are deployed or when they are celebrating their return.

The event was held at the NSA Norfolk's CAPT Slade Cutter Athletic Park in Norfolk from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

As for the pron...
IMAG0061.jpg

The smokers reporting for duty:
IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

The butt trimming line...
IMAG0032.jpg

Failed to mention... the Enterprise (affectionally known as "The big E") just returned from its latest tour.
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

The person in the orange shirt is Navy Chief Kern (19 years service) who was assigned to assist during the event... and was initiated into the BBQ culture... he got the bug hard!
IMAG0055.jpg

The fellow in the grey shirt and shorts is the KC Masterpiece rep...
who was tagged with the bbq nickname "Clorox"
IMAG0060.jpg

The black trailer was the a/c retreat and holding area for the chips and bread rolls... was a balmy 65* in the 100+ degree day.
IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

There's a ton of pics uploaded here...
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/bbq-brethren/Troop cook NSA/?start=all

Thanks again Roy... you are Da Man!

Wow! It's people like you that make the world a better place to live in, Brother.

If I was in the area, I would have happily volunteered.

Thank You for your kindness!

Thing of beauty right there in many ways - way to go! :thumb: :clap2:

Bravo! My dad is a retired 30 Navy CWO living there in Virginia Beach/Norfolk area.
My hats off to you guys, well done!

Well done...and I am not talking about the meat. Thank you and thank all of the troops.

Bandit just sent me the link to this thread. I have no idea how I missed it.

Way to go guys. That was one heck of a collection of pits! I bet not a single person left there w/o a smile on their face.

Nice job Bandit, and to all those who helped!

Back