MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #16
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3BBQ View Post
That's a great setup. Where did you get those Resin drawers?
Thanks They are from a company called Suncast. You can get the 3 stack at Lowes or the stacks and individual drawers from

KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
Still Smokin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
I use the 24" D x 49" W x 35” H rolling table from Sam's with the stainless steel top. Not only is it the perfect height and work service for dealing with grease, sticky sauce and hot grates, if you shop around you can find cheap plastic drawer storage units that will fit on the wire shelf below.

The whole unit is still lightweight, but will hold all your knives, brushes, injectors and other small items. Total cost: way under $200.
Can you provide pictures of your setup?
Still Smokin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
QTEX
Full Fledged Farker

First couple years hauled everything but the kitchen sink, gradually less and less, just the bare neccessities. Also went from setting up a 12x20 canopy to a EZ up canopy, much less work and time. Pretty much haul everything in one large ice chest and one ice chest for drinks plus one for meats. All dirty dishes ( not many now) go into the empty meat chest to wash at home. Been wanting to build a cart to load and unload all in one. Older i get the more i want to relax and enjoy and the less i want to work.
QTEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #19
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Great thread, the challenge for me is that everything I take/need needs to fit in the back of my pickup (or inside). I take no more than 3 ice chests. 1 for meats, another for beer.. I mean drinks , and a 3rd for brine or misc. I also take 2 plastic boxes, one I call my grocery box and the other I call my utility box. If I had a trailer, a rolling cart would be a good idea. I mostly do everything myself so being organized is something I learned real quick. I'm still trying to find ways to improve in that sense.
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
nthole
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
Great thread, the challenge for me is that everything I take/need needs to fit in the back of my pickup (or inside). I take no more than 3 ice chests. 1 for meats, another for beer.. I mean drinks , and a 3rd for brine or misc. I also take 2 plastic boxes, one I call my grocery box and the other I call my utility box. If I had a trailer, a rolling cart would be a good idea. I mostly do everything myself so being organized is something I learned real quick. I'm still trying to find ways to improve in that sense.
I used to do something simliar with one or two trucks. Last year we started renting a UHaul trailer for comps (4x8 or 6x12 depending on what we need). It's not the sexiest thing, but it's cheaper than investing in a trailer for now. I can rent one a month for the cost that it would take to store it, so until I'm doing more than one a month that's my new route. And with that, you can pack a little easier, have a roller cart and still carry a small electric heater and a portable a/c unit and have a place to get some respite from the weather when needed. When the weather was bad last time we even popped the table up inside on it's lowest leg settings, pull our chairs inside and worked inside.

Real men don't need rolling Hiltons.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

It takes us about 1 hour or a little less to both set up and tear down and we bring everything in the back of a pickup truck bed. The cooker is a tow behind.

Our list is simple:
1 bin with most all the "stuff". It's not even a super large bin (about 16"x24")
3 - 4' fold up tables
1 - cambro with all the meats
1 - cooler for drinks, injections, sauces and parsley
1 - chair for each of us (3 ppl)
2 - Air matresses
1 - bucket with ratchet straps, bungee cords, etc.
1 - 10'x20' pole canopy (which is stored in 1 LARGE bin and poles are bungee'd together
1 - portable radio
2 - box fans
MAYBE 1 extra 10x10 EZ up, depending upon weather forecast
PLUS duffle bags with clothes, personal hygene, etc.

Cords, hose, wood, charcoal, pans, (and 1 other bin with supplies) etc are kept on/in the pit

And we STILL have stuff in our bins that don't get used.
We can get our entire camp into a 10'x30' space (not counting parking the truck).

I know you weren't actually asking about what people take to events, but I'm just showing how LITTLE we've found we actually need, and thus...how little we need to pack and unpack.

Honestly....if we decide to take 3 EZ ups instead of the big 10'x20' pole King Canopy, we're unleaded and set up in about 20 minutes.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
didisea
Take a breath!

Prep and box in the trailer, then you only have to unload the cookers. I use a stainless steel table with a set of plastic drawers underneath.
didisea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Smokin View Post
Can you provide pictures of your setup?
Sorry, looked through my folders and have no shots of the rolling table. It's nothing complicated though, just a Sam's table with plastic drawer units underneath from Walmart. I cut down a ventilated plastic tub to snugly fit the remaining space on one end. It keeps everything tight and provides a place to store a box of gloves, sanitizer wipes and such.

All the gear is locked up in the comp trailer in storage or I would snap a couple shots for you.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
Big Ace
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
Sorry, looked through my folders and have no shots of the rolling table. It's nothing complicated though, just a Sam's table with plastic drawer units underneath from Walmart. I cut down a ventilated plastic tub to snugly fit the remaining space on one end. It keeps everything tight and provides a place to store a box of gloves, sanitizer wipes and such.

All the gear is locked up in the comp trailer in storage or I would snap a couple shots for you.
Is this the table?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/work-ta...p-49/145625.ip

Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
Balls Casten
is One Chatty Farker

A trailer tongue toolbox helps a bit.

If/when I build a trailer I want these storage cabinets from United trailer.

Last edited by Balls Casten; 02-17-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Balls Casten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #26
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ace View Post
Yep! That's it. The price fluctuates a bit with the cost of Stainless, but I think I paid about that same price for the last one I bought. We have three of them - one lives in the comp trailer, one at the restaurant and I got another for the house.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ace View Post
Could probably bolt some resin bins on there.
KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote